Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Stencil

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
One question? Do you offroad? If you do it will be gone the next time you go out.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Maybe print it out on paper and just cut it out.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
twr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nice

Name: Tim
twr437's Tacoma Gallery
I made one. First Blow up the decal you want to stencil on a computer. Place a heavy layer of painters tape on piece on plywood. Tape the decal printout on top of the painters tape. With a sharp edged razor cut along the outline of the decal. Carefully remove the painters tape as one piece and walaa......stencil.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Banned
Good luck.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
twr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nicetwr437 is just really nice

Name: Tim
twr437's Tacoma Gallery
I will post a pic tommorow
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twr437 View Post
I made one. First Blow up the decal you want to stencil on a computer. Place a heavy layer of painters tape on piece on plywood. Tape the decal printout on top of the painters tape. With a sharp edged razor cut along the outline of the decal. Carefully remove the painters tape as one piece and walaa......stencil.
Awesome thanks man. I'm gonna need to see some pictures to know exactly how to do it.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
I haven't yet. I want to but wasn't sure how everyone did it.
Learn from my mistake don’t use regular black spray paint, it chips and looks like crap after a month. I did that and ended up scraping it all off and spraying it again with 3M rubberized undercoating. Since then I have not had any problems with it chipping.

First step is to spray the plate with quality undercoating. 3M rubberized undercoating worked great for me and I picked it up at AutoZone. Once the plate is dry you are ready for the TRD logo if you chose to put one on it.

The TRD logo is easy all you need to do is take a TRD logo you find on line like the one below paste it into Excel (you could use other programs but Excel works good and easy) and stretch it the desired size and print. I printed off a couple different sizes just to make sure to get the size I wanted. Next cut out the TRD log out and carefully tape around each letter leaving the exposed plate bare for painting. Take your time on this step don’t rush otherwise it will it won’t turn out right. Once you are ready to paint the TRD logo tape off the rest of the plate to avoid overspray.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you around SLC.

http://offroadcruisers.com/old/toyota_trd.jpg
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Learn from my mistake donít use regular black spray paint, it chips and looks like crap after a month. I did that and ended up scraping it all off and spraying it again with 3M rubberized undercoating. Since then I have not had any problems with it chipping.

First step is to spray the plate with quality undercoating. 3M rubberized undercoating worked great for me and I picked it up at AutoZone. Once the plate is dry you are ready for the TRD logo if you chose to put one on it.

The TRD logo is easy all you need to do is take a TRD logo you find on line like the one below paste it into Excel (you could use other programs but Excel works good and easy) and stretch it the desired size and print. I printed off a couple just to make sure to get the size I wanted. Next cut out the TRD log and carefully tape around each letter leaving the exposed plate bare for painting. Take your time on this step donít rush otherwise it will it wonít turn out right. One the once you are ready to paint the TRD logo tape off the rest of the plate to avoid overspray.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you around SLC.

http://offroadcruisers.com/old/toyota_trd.jpg
You are the man. I'm probably going to do this next week. Thanks for helping me out!
That'd be sweet if we ran into each other.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #14
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You could also blow up the graphic/logo you want and take the file on a disc or print out to a sign company that works with vinyl. Then all you have to do is put the decal on.

Sockmonkey on TW could probably make one for you too.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, blow this up to about 15" wide

it looks funny because it needs to be elongated to look proportional when viewed from the front of the vehicle

like this .... (WW_FIREFIGHTER, i think)