Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer Install Write-up

Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #21
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
Should have put two of them in for an 8 mpg gain
LMFAO! man y'all are cold on this one! Someone should just put like 10 of em together and just slap a k&n filter on the end!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #22
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
...subscribed, waiting to see the results before i say anything else
Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 AM   #23
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone-- tbh, I got this because, when I used to follow the mustang forums, it seemed like everyone had them. As far as doing my research, I did none of that. This will be one of those "live and learn" kinda deals. But I mainly wanted to practice write-ups as Ive never done one.

Time will only tell what gains I will actually see out of it. So far, I have only noticed the whistling noise, which only happens at low rpm. I have kept a pretty accurate record of my previous mpgs, so I should be able to tell if this thing actually works.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #24
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
Thanks everyone-- tbh, I got this because, when I used to follow the mustang forums, it seemed like everyone had them. As far as doing my research, I did none of that. This will be one of those "live and learn" kinda deals. But I mainly wanted to practice write-ups as Ive never done one.

Time will only tell what gains I will actually see out of it. So far, I have only noticed the whistling noise, which only happens at low rpm. I have kept a pretty accurate record of my previous mpgs, so I should be able to tell if this thing actually works.

Excellent. And good sport about all the jest.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 AM   #25
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
Ditto
Old 05-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #26
Tony_Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Tony
Tony_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I found this link from the Tundra HQ
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...-body-spacers/
Old 05-05-2010, 05:55 AM   #27
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
Whistling? Like the Andy Griffith theme song whistling or gear change on rice burners whistling? Explain
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #28
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
I have kept a pretty accurate record of my previous mpgs, so I should be able to tell if this thing actually works.
this is perfect...keep it going, and report back to us after about 15-20 fillups w/ the hard facts!!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 AM   #30
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up and thread!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #31
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, just filled my tank. On a tank of half spacer/ half no spacer, I returned 18.15. This is deceiving however, as if you notice by my fuelly.com log, I am actually down from the last few tanks. The true test will be this current tank as its the first full tank with the spacer.

Oh, and btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
There will definitely be an increase in mpg due to wallet weight reduction.
Lmao very funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
Ditto
Its all in good fun, or at least I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonian77 View Post
Whistling? Like the Andy Griffith theme song whistling or gear change on rice burners whistling? Explain
It almost (and I use the term loosely) sounds like a turbo. However, I guess it could also sound like a squeaky belt!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #32
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ one tank will not tell anything, i can sometime range up to 3mpgs between tanks depending what i did w/ the truck on that tank....

the true tale will be after 15-20 fillups to get an average, but then you need to compare to your fillups around the same time of the year as well, as gas concentrations will differ slightly w/ the seasons...

basically, you need to control as many variables as you can before we see this 4mpg increase!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #33
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
on the old carburetor engines the spacer would help with fuel distribution and air flow. On mordern vehicles they really dont do anything.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/buy...wer/index.html
Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #34
tumbleweed farmer
307prerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
307prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I would have waited to see this before I did mine. I put the AFE Intake and AFE t.b. spacer on mine about 2 months ago. I saw a considerable gain in some performance aspects, but that was most likely from the intake. I had always heard t.b. spacers made a difference but I have my doubts now. Probably wouldn't buy another one...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #35
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
good job on the write up, sorry to hear you wasted 130 on it tho, and how ever much you wasted on the k&n, im sure your truck whistles more than a lifeguard now tho.... Ill plus rep you just for the nice write up
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #36
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
add a turbonator to this as well and see if that helps at all also..

but on the flip side great write up and cool pics and great describing
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for keeping us updated man. good job on taking all the crap in full stride. like i said at least you are experimenting with us to let us know if its really a hoax or not.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #38
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
wooo woooo
Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #39
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
So, if a throttle body spacer gave a 4mpg gain, don't you think Toyota would have extended the length of the TB casting and claimed the additional 4mpg on the MSRP sticker?

Funny, on my old G35 we would add "Plenum" (upper manifold cover) spacers and people would see up to 15rwhp increase due to the poor factory design. I held several "dyno days" and we had about 15 cars doing pre and post mod pulls, same dyno, same car, same day... The G35 used the same plenum as the 350Z which had a tower strut bar (the Infiniti didn't) and the plenum was sloped to clear it on the 350Z. The gains were noticable, but the gas mileage was only effected as a result of the driver laying on the gas more to see the hp gains.

I'll bet anyone that this TB spacer does zippo for gas mileage.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #40

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
well after 4 fill ups, i am willing to say this thing is worthless

the only thing that is different now than when i put it on is the whistling noise, which tends to be annoying at times-- now i think i need the whistling of a supercharger to drown it out