Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer Install Write-up

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #41
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Haha that sucks! Thanks for actually testing it out for us.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #42
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
somebody had to be the guinea pig i guess
Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #43
Senior Executive of Nothing.
Agent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the rough

Agent7's Tacoma Gallery
Good job on seeing it through, I guess it puts that to rest... well at least for a few months until someone forgets to search and stirs up this whole issue again. lol
Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #44
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
nice write up...but in all honesty the money could have bent spent on a better product like the APR 7th Injector...trust me its worth the money...

because its cool the air before it hits the intake manifold with fuel...more fuel means more power...but yes you do have to tune the truck for this...that's when the APR X-1 unit is awesome...

APR 7th Injector <-click for link

Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #45
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
nice write up...but in all honesty the money could have bent spent on a better product like the APR 7th Injector...trust me its worth the money...

because its cool the air before it hits the intake manifold with fuel...more fuel means more power...but yes you do have to tune the truck for this...that's when the APR X-1 unit is awesome...

APR 7th Injector <-click for link
wow that looks pretty cool-- expensive im sure...
Old 05-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #46
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
well after 4 fill ups, i am willing to say this thing is worthless
^ give it about 10 more so we can get a solid trend...but thanks for the update!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
wow that looks pretty cool-- expensive im sure...
yeah its a little pricey about $600 I believe...but trust me you can definitely tell the difference...your truck and butt dyno will love you...
Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #48
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Has anyone every taken off our engine covers? And have you noticed how the intake manifold is designed? Even if the air is getting "whirled", it would be back to normal after the distribution point. BTW, straight air is faster than winding air...

May I add... LMAO!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Has anyone every taken off our engine covers? And have you noticed how the intake manifold is designed? Even if the air is getting "whirled", it would be back to normal after the distribution point. BTW, straight air is faster than winding air...

May I add... LMAO!
yeah it looks like an Alien Facehugger...rofl

Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #50
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I am guilty of purchasing a tb spacer...this one to be exact...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

Driving it i noticed something extra-ordinary. My revs would fall faster after shifts than without the tb spacer. It also seemed to give me slightly crisper shifts. I have a trd cai & the trd supercharger so something like this would give more effect to my motor/car than to one that is stock. I took it off when i went to get it serviced but next time when i put it back on i'll have to run the truck w/out the spacer and than with to do a better comparison. The only reason i even got a spacer is because out of all the crazy air flow designs they have the one i purchased seemed to be the most intelligent.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #51
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
haha i might actually buy one of these call me tacky speedracer ricerboy but i like cool whistling noises and i can't afford a supercharger
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #52
MiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud of

Air Force: Technical Sergeant, Wing Information Assurance Manager
Name: DJ
MiZtAhFoOLiSh's Tacoma Gallery
Good job on the write up! I wanna see do a write up for "Turvo" install . Not turbo but "TURVO"!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #53
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
I am guilty of purchasing a tb spacer...this one to be exact...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

Driving it i noticed something extra-ordinary. My revs would fall faster after shifts than without the tb spacer. It also seemed to give me slightly crisper shifts. I have a trd cai & the trd supercharger so something like this would give more effect to my motor/car than to one that is stock. I took it off when i went to get it serviced but next time when i put it back on i'll have to run the truck w/out the spacer and than with to do a better comparison. The only reason i even got a spacer is because out of all the crazy air flow designs they have the one i purchased seemed to be the most intelligent.
I hope you put that on a 1st gen. 2RZ or 3RZ engine, and not a 2nd gen. engine.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
taco? like the kind you eat?
mylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Corporal, Mals-11, 3rd MAW
mylittletacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
So, if a throttle body spacer gave a 4mpg gain, don't you think Toyota would have extended the length of the TB casting and claimed the additional 4mpg on the MSRP sticker?

Funny, on my old G35 we would add "Plenum" (upper manifold cover) spacers and people would see up to 15rwhp increase due to the poor factory design. I held several "dyno days" and we had about 15 cars doing pre and post mod pulls, same dyno, same car, same day... The G35 used the same plenum as the 350Z which had a tower strut bar (the Infiniti didn't) and the plenum was sloped to clear it on the 350Z. The gains were noticable, but the gas mileage was only effected as a result of the driver laying on the gas more to see the hp gains.

I'll bet anyone that this TB spacer does zippo for gas mileage.
its not really "poor factory design" when a vehicle is designed the company will choose certain criterias to meet, soem of those criterias require a decrease inhorse power in order to get a managble amount of fuel milage. the flip side thouh is that some manufacturers have found that if they begin with a perfect set up, then decrease everything, it will lead to increased sales of their own aftermarket products..... TRD performance intakes and exhausts.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #55
taco? like the kind you eat?
mylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedmylittletacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Corporal, Mals-11, 3rd MAW
mylittletacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post

May I add... LMAO!
straight air is faster than winding air true, but the idea behind this some what ineffective product is that if you swirl the incoming air the molecules will cool off faster and become slightly more condensed, at the same time the swirling effect will increase the ability for the misted fuel molecules to mix in with the air molecules, thus giving the ability of a higher condensed and more complete mixture of fuel and air. PROBLE IS that once the increased air velocity from the enlongated throttle body and the swirling air hits the seperated plenum tubes, the effect is diminished to almost nothing except the air does keep a slightly higher velocity. thats about it.

but hell yeah that whistle sound is freakin awesome yo!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #56

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I've officially given up on this. I have uninstalled this and put it up for sale here ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post1903564 ) if someone else would like to try.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #57
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ what kind of mileage did you end up getting? was it the same or worse? interested in your testing as it seems you know what your doing, thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #58

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
^ what kind of mileage did you end up getting? was it the same or worse? interested in your testing as it seems you know what your doing, thanks!
my mpgs went up slightly, but I'm inclined to believe it was the change in weather as my milage was starting to go up before i installed the spacer
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #59
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
ROFL. "Whoop, WHOOP!"
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
LoL anal leakage...