Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone know of a good truck cover?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know of a good truck cover?

i park my truck outside. and since i moved my new house has a tree that like to pollinate green dust all over my truck along with the bird shitting and sap from the trees. tired of washing my truck and its dirty before its dry. so, im looking to get a truck cover to cover it up when im driving the work car. any ideas on some good covers?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
Steve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of light
Steve_P's Tacoma Gallery
covercraft probably makes the best covers. They are sold thru autoanything, california car cover, etc. No idea if they have one for a Tacoma, but I have one for my Evo and it's nice.

The problem with a cover is that putting it on and off is a PITA. Then if the truck is dirty and you put it on you get the inside of the cover dirty and may risk scratching the paint next time. If you want to put it on the day you wash it and the truck's clean I would say go for it. but once the truck's been driven a few days I personally wouldn't use it.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
covercraft probably makes the best covers. They are sold thru autoanything, california car cover, etc. No idea if they have one for a Tacoma, but I have one for my Evo and it's nice.

The problem with a cover is that putting it on and off is a PITA. Then if the truck is dirty and you put it on you get the inside of the cover dirty and may risk scratching the paint next time. If you want to put it on the day you wash it and the truck's clean I would say go for it. but once the truck's been driven a few days I personally wouldn't use it.
ditto

cut the tree down or get a carport
Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
inlinejohn's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to cover my truck occasionally when in the garage to keep workshop stuff off of it (saw dust, etc), so I'd like to know if a "truck" cover exists. There are many car and suv covers, but haven't found a authentic truck cover yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen covers for our trucks just dont know which ones are worth it. I never thought about putting it on when its dirty. Might looking into a canopy-carport instead...its sad, we have a 3 car garage yet my trucks not in it. We have 2 60s model mustangs, an 06 evo and then the 4wheelers, dirt bikr, and wood splitter in the garage lol.