Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AEM Dryflow Filter for TRD CAI intake! Finally!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
AEM Dryflow Filter for TRD CAI intake! Finally!

Well after searching the entire web and waiting over 2 yrs. I finally found someone selling the correct size AEM DryFlow filter for the TRD CAI.

Here it is!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1402wt_945

I already ordered 2 of them.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I have the filter, It holds up really well
Old 05-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh I have just the AEM CAI with the same kind of filter, can you just special order the filters from AEM?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Oh I have just the AEM CAI with the same kind of filter, can you just special order the filters from AEM?
I don't think so? They told me that size was discontinued. Every where that I tried to order it from over the past year told me the same thing.
I was about to give up looking.

But I stumbled across this guy that claims to have a whole bunch??? We'll see if he actually does?

He might refund my money and tell me it's discontinued?? It's happened to me before.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, you just did 2 things for me:
1. Remember that the last time I cleaned my air filter was before winter, so I went and cleaned it.(damn thing had CHUNKS in it! )
2. Realize how shitty the filter that came with my no-name intake is and measure it, and look an AEM synthetic one up on ebay that will fit. $44.80 + $5 shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-D...ht_1346wt_1165
Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
so how does this compare to the AFE ProDry S, 21-90044?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
"KTMRider" where do you get the cleaner from?
haha, now that you posted that, a link to them just popped up on the bottom of the page linking to autoanything.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, bummer Brian
Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #15

WOW! That ebay seller I ordered from was FAST!. Already got the filter via fedex today!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
well, you just did 2 things for me:
1. Remember that the last time I cleaned my air filter was before winter, so I went and cleaned it.(damn thing had CHUNKS in it! )
2. Realize how shitty the filter that came with my no-name intake is and measure it, and look an AEM synthetic one up on ebay that will fit. $44.80 + $5 shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-D...ht_1346wt_1165
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
WOW! That ebay seller I ordered from was FAST!. Already got the filter via fedex today!
So does this fit the TRD Intake?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #18

what about getting the AFE dry filter, I just got a stage II and its most likley the same filter thats on the TRD one.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #19

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
what about getting the AFE dry filter, I just got a stage II and its most likley the same filter thats on the TRD one.
I'm actually ordering the AFE Pro Dry S filter. The AEM filter was actually not the right size.
The Part # for the Afe is #21-90044 5.5" I.D and a 6" filter. That is the same size as the TRD filter.

Check post #66 on this forum:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

He has pictures of that filter!

Products Discussed in this Thread