Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Sport v. Frontier NISMO

Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #21
hwax is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submariner: SSBN-730; SSBN-635: MTS-635; SSN-750. Reserves: NAVELSG. Navy Chief Petty Officer!
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=hwax;94053]On the lot, they have a black next to the white - I really like both. I'm (sorry...) gonna have fun picking.

Your Speedway Blue is Sweet! I'm trying to work the dealer for more stuff. I'm ready to do it but i know patience will pay off!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #22
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Not a thing. I actually really like that color, even asked about it when I bought mine. Couldn't find one in my configuration in the entire southeast at the time.
Yeah I got lucky, they delivered mine from SC. I was picky, and went with a Discount from my bank. But My sales guy was on top of it.

All Taco's are Sweet. Just go with what makes you happy. The rest is just meant to be enjoyed...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #23
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwax View Post
On the lot, they have a black next to the white - I really like both.
Yeah, and you'll get a better deal buying what's already on the lot.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #24
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
You cant go wrong with either color. They both look good with black or chrome wheels.
Post some pics up when you get your new truck. I just came over to the Toyota family from Nissan. I traded in a Titan. The motor and tranny were great but there were some major quality issues with the rest of the truck.

You have made a very wise choice going with the Tacoma. Also I think the Tacoma holds is value better than almost any vehicle.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #25
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwax View Post
OK, I know where I am...

Seriously, I'm looking at the Taco and I really like it. So, I worked the numbers with the dealer but I thought I would look at the Frontier NISMO and, for me, it's a tough choice, similar features and capability. Price is close though the Nissan is a bit cheaper.

Sprayed-in bed liner v composite
Utili-Trac v. Deck Rail System
The Frontier wins on hp and torque...... yeah yeah

You can compare and analyze but part of it is subjective, of course...

Thoughts? Tell me why the Taco is the best choice.

Wax
I'm on my 4th Tacoma sized Toyota. What kind of answer are you expecting on a Tacoma forum? Some of us never grow up and like our Toys for life.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Especially "Toy4life"!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #27
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
The motor and tranny were great but there were some major quality issues with the rest of the truck.
Exactly my experience with Nissan. And, I know some folks complain about Toyota paint quality, but it's great compared to Nissan.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #28
hwax is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submariner: SSBN-730; SSBN-635: MTS-635; SSN-750. Reserves: NAVELSG. Navy Chief Petty Officer!
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again to all for the replies... I'll be back soon with pictures - then we'll all know what I picked

Wax
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #29
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Especially "Toy4life"!!!!
You know it!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #30
Yeah, I'm that Guy
RememberMorrison is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
RememberMorrison's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
There is a reason why Tacoma owners are Tacoma owners for life. Just like roxspin said, I've always wanted one and now that I have it, I'll never look back. It is the vehicular equivilent of crack.
It's just like, "Once you go black, you will never go back." Same with a Tacoma. I have always wanted a Tacoma and sold my 550hp Mustang for mine. I never want to go back.

Tacos are just built and designed perfectly.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #31
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Exactly my experience with Nissan. And, I know some folks complain about Toyota paint quality, but it's great compared to Nissan.
My wife had a Mazda MX6 at one time. That car was fun!!!! We liked everything about it except the paint, which was terrible.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #32
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
i personally dont hink nissan is all what they used to be, i believe their quality has gone down a few grades or so.
we had a 03 maxima se that i figured would be the best car id ever buy... like someone else mentioned, the motor was great for the most part, but the car around it was not up to par. after 73k miles... it really began to show its age and i unloaded it.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #33
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like nissan cars and trucks..... i think they all got a fishy look.... i look at the titan and see a black bass..........
Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #34
RainHawk is on a distinguished road
RainHawk's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2008 TRD Offroad DC Taco about six months ago. Last month I was waiting for the light to turn green at a busy intersection near my home. Then all of a sudden, wham bang. The guy behind me was driving a 2004 Nissan Armada. He said he got distracted when a bumble bee flew into his face and he hit the gas by accident and jack rabbited forward. I'd have to say he was going at least 10 - 15 MPH. Well, my damage amounted to a rear bumper replacement, it got a little bent and cracked one of the pads and the cost to fix it was about $600.00. The Armada didn't fair as well. His front bumper was caved in and there was quite a bit of subsequent body and molding mis alignments. His was over $2000.00

Toyotas are built tough. (oops, did i steal that line from Fixed Or Repaired Dailys)

So now I have a "My Toyota vs Nissan" story to tell.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #35
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
I dont like nissan cars and trucks..... i think they all got a fishy look.... i look at the titan and see a black bass..........
HAHAH! you're right
Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #36
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomas just *look* better. It's like night and day for me. I seriously considered the Nissan too, but only on paper. They just look funny in person. The current models look 100% better than their plasti-bubbleed predecessors, but still less cool than the Toyota. When I walked around a Tacoma at the dealership it made me smile. Walking out to get in the truck to go to work still does!

Coincidentally, a co-worker of mine has a 3 month old Frontier DC and each time I park next to him in the lot I'm glad I made the choice I did.

Also, I don't have proof, but I think the rear seats in the DC are roomier and the rear doors are longer in the Taco.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #37
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
My previous truck was a 1999 Nissan Frontier, before that I had a 1993 Nissan. To me the Nissan is more of a workhorse compared to the Tacoma, it has a more powerful engine and the rear shocks can handle more weight. The thing that made me switch from Nissan to Toyota is reliability. Both my Nissans plus my Dad's (2002 Frontier) gave what we now call 'Nissan signature problems.' In your second year you get a power steering leak, a couple months after you get a brake cylinder leak, in the third year you have a overheating problem and then the transmission fails. Funny how all three Nissans gave the same problems. I have had my Tacoma for two years now and no problems so far. Mine is black, but if I had to do it again I would go with SPEEDWAY BLUE !
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 AM   #38
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
My previous truck was a 1999 Nissan Frontier, before that I had a 1993 Nissan. To me the Nissan is more of a workhorse compared to the Tacoma, it has a more powerful engine and the rear shocks can handle more weight. The thing that made me switch from Nissan to Toyota is reliability. Both my Nissans plus my Dad's (2002 Frontier) gave what we now call 'Nissan signature problems.' In your second year you get a power steering leak, a couple months after you get a brake cylinder leak, in the third year you have a overheating problem and then the transmission fails. Funny how all three Nissans gave the same problems. I have had my Tacoma for two years now and no problems so far. Mine is black, but if I had to do it again I would go with SPEEDWAY BLUE !
i like Frontiers, i actually looked at the NISMO pkg, but it was too close in price to the TRD, and the toyota looks better (imo) and has a better resale value (fact)

although what you said about the nissan being more of a work horse.... i cant agree with that. yes its stronger, but the tacoma's towing capacity is the same or higher (cant remember, its been a while since i have compared them) hauling capacity is fine in the taco after the TSB, and the taco has a better 0-60 time and stops faster. even though the nissan is stronger, the taco performs better. Toyota did "more" with "less", which is a testament to their engineering. and, the taco gets better mileage while it out perfroms the fronty. Taco all the way baby!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #39
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
i went to a nissan dealership to get a frontier originally and ended up coming home with my tacoma........
Old 05-16-2008, 04:49 AM   #40
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have a TRD Sport, my Buddy has a Frontier NISMO. Both 4x4 Crew cabs. They are both good trucks.

Tacoma does better on gas, slightly faster, handles better, holds its value better, more dependable.

Frontier feels a little more solid with its heavier duty frame (and tailgate), you can get a few grand cheaper, can get things like MP3,sunroof, leather, heated mirrors? that the tacoma does not have available.

Def glad I have a Tacoma though. Don't forget the Frontier's, Titan's, Pathfinder's, Xterra's,and Armada's all have the exact same face. A Tacoma looks like a Tacoma.