Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Sport v. Frontier NISMO

Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #41
slackdaddy2001 is on a distinguished road
Marines: G 3/14 Trenton NJ
slackdaddy2001's Tacoma Gallery
At the end of the day, which one will you feel more comfortable driving? I went through the same thoghts when I bought my taco. Go to a Nissan dealership & compare it to the service provided at the toyota dealership and there is no comparison. In otherwords, you are on your own after you buy a nissan & Toyota will support you forever!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #42
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't decide on white or black so i went with silver!!! haha. black is sweet but white with black accessories looks great!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #43
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
on consumer reports . com the frontier and tacoma are in tight runnings for most reliable vehicles in their class. the frontier has a little bit higher rating than the tacoma though. these ratings are based on how often they have to go into the shop. i had the same problem chosing when i was shopping for a new truck. thing i like about the tacoma is the body looks alot better than the frontier (i think) thing i liked about the frontier was the more HP and its cheaper. its a tough choice. one things for sure, either truck you pick you are going to have a great truck. hope this helps. good luck in your pick
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #44
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I had the same debate a year ago. I tried to set aside all the emotional stuff and look at it as a pure numbers game since for the most part they are similar in ALOT of areas but FAR apart in others. Now, I agree with everybody above but for me a few things stood out.

NISSAN: Pluses,

1.The NISSAN has more feathers for the price , more options available by themselves verses bundled together. This makes it less expensive depending on the features you want.

2. Leather Seats and if I'm not mistaken, heated seats too.

3. Prices was something that the dealers would work with a bit better.

NISSAN Negatives:

1. The Rear leg room on the Double Cab.

2. Gas milage on par with a V8......yes I know it has more HP (Referring to the V6 model)

3. Much worse of a plastic feel on the interior then Toyota.

4. Feels bulky

Overall the TACOMA had a better look and feel to it!!!

For me, taken into account all these things I was sure i wanted the NISSAN with the NISMO package. I looked at these two trucks, drove both, debated the pluses and minuses for almost two months (I was selling a car myself to buy this truck) and in the end my Dad sealed the deal. On the Double Cab, the rear leg room is much better on the Tacoma then the NISSAN. I had my Dad sit in the back of both them (While on a test Drive) then had him rate the ride and feel. To me my Dad's opinion was like the word of god. He stated it was easier to get in, felt more solid, had a much better ride and was quieter. It was an eye opener because my friends would be riding with me and I never thought about how it would feel to them....hmmm??

Besides all these things I asked friends and coworkers which they would pick and it was a landslide------>TACOMA!!!!!! Everybody had a great Toyota story....."I had a Toyota Truck that we about destroyed and"...... "My buddy had a Tacoma it had 250K and"........ "The NISSAN is a great truck but the Toyota will last you forever!"........... It was one story after another, all stories people were passionate about sharing!!! I'm sure NISSAN makes a good truck but.......

I have an 07 Silver Double Cab TRD Off-road and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! The truck is great and I can't help but feel like I'll have it forever (aside from any act of god or bad driver!)!

Good luck with your choice!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #45
erock is on a distinguished road

erock's Tacoma Gallery
Since we're in "story tell" mode I'll throw in my 2 bits. I teach at a junior high school and I bought my silver offroad access cab in 06. I kid you not, by the end of the next year there were 2 other silver taco's and a maroon regular cab. You tell me teacher's don't pick up on the details...It did kinda bite cause' I wanted to be the only one, but I also took it as a compliment. So, I just went and got it lifted, 33" tires, tint all around, CAI and exhust. It stands out just fine in the teacher's lot now. I love my taco.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #46
hail-bop Command is on a distinguished road

hail-bop Command's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock View Post
Since we're in "story tell" mode I'll throw in my 2 bits. I teach at a junior high school and I bought my silver offroad access cab in 06. I kid you not, by the end of the next year there were 2 other silver taco's and a maroon regular cab. You tell me teacher's don't pick up on the details...It did kinda bite cause' I wanted to be the only one, but I also took it as a compliment. So, I just went and got it lifted, 33" tires, tint all around, CAI and exhust. It stands out just fine in the teacher's lot now. I love my taco.
I had 2 hard body Nissans and they were good trucks (Nothing Like A Tacoma) BTW I grew up in the Mojave Desert. So anyways the time came to buy a new truck so I decided I wanted a Tacoma. In 2002 I bought a little 4 banger 2001 tacoma with 30K miles on it for 11K out the door. I put that truck through atleast 6000 miles of some rough desert ridding, jumping and even driving through flooded streets (when it rains we get flash floods). This was because I used to do a paper route in a city in the middle of nowhere that put me and my truck to the limit. After my paper route contract was up I moved to Phoneix Arizona to go to college. While over there I drove home at least 3 times a month (700 miles round trip). I also had 2 room mates out in AZ with some riced out cars and I beat both of them on numerous occassions, One of them had a ford focus and the other a nissan 200sx. After school was over I moved back to the Mojave Desert and got a job in Hollywood Ca and I drove there every day for about a year! I now live in Huntingtion beach and I drive to Burbank Ca (120 Mile Round Trip) in the same truck and I'm at a little over 200K on the odometer and it still runs perfect. So in in January of 2008 it was time to get another truck and the choice to me was a no brainer. So I know have 2 Tacos and they are great trucks.. I have some serious history and fond memories in my first Tacoma and I plan on making more in my new truck! (Sorry bout the long winded story )
Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #47
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Get the white with black accessories. I never cared for white vehicles B4, but the black on white Tacoma looks awesome.
+1 .. that's what I have.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #48
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin has an 08 frontier pretty much the same setup as my truck, its nice i drove it. I just like the Taco's better and besides if I got a Nissan who is going to stay here and bust ND'd balls.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #49
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Is it too late? I think that I'd go for the frontier.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #50
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Is it too late? I think that I'd go for the frontier.
OK.... how can this guy do all the things he do..... ridgeline avatar, hotdog costume, and now a "frontier lover".... and still be a mod in this forum, i dont get it, whats happening here bob....
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #51
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
OK.... how can this guy do all the things he do..... ridgeline avatar, hotdog costume, and now a "frontier lover".... and still be a mod in this forum, i dont get it, whats happening here bob....
hmm what was it that Nd called him a few threads ago ______ lol
Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #52
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
better a nissan frontier lover, than a mitsubishi raider lover ......
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
Don't forget the Frontier's, Titan's, Pathfinder's, Xterra's,and Armada's all have the exact same face. A Tacoma looks like a Tacoma.
Wait until the 09 refresher. Maybe a mini Tundra look? Or the Bug-eyed look of the 4Runner with the hids?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #54
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
who is going to stay here and bust ND'd balls.
oooh, ooooh, pick me!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #55
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Get the white with black accessories. I never cared for white vehicles B4, but the black on white Tacoma looks awesome.
Agreed.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #56
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
oooh, ooooh, pick me!
no way! you are weak.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #57
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Geez I entered this thread late!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #58
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
hmm what was it that Nd called him a few threads ago ______ lol
i say so many things i have a hard time remembering which ones you're talking about. what did i say?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #59
CDonC is on a distinguished road
CDonC's Tacoma Gallery
My sister has a 2000 Frontier, and I gotta say that that is a nice truck. She bought it used with about 25k miles on it and she's never had a problem with it. I test drove a new NISMO and it didn't feel as maneuverable as the Tacoma I tested, but still a great truck.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #60
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
i say so many things i have a hard time remembering which ones you're talking about. what did i say?
something along the lines of "Fool".......FTW just get the taco and be happy!