Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Sport v. Frontier NISMO

Old 05-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
hwax is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submariner: SSBN-730; SSBN-635: MTS-635; SSN-750. Reserves: NAVELSG. Navy Chief Petty Officer!
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport v. Frontier NISMO

OK, I know where I am...

Seriously, I'm looking at the Taco and I really like it. So, I worked the numbers with the dealer but I thought I would look at the Frontier NISMO and, for me, it's a tough choice, similar features and capability. Price is close though the Nissan is a bit cheaper.

Sprayed-in bed liner v composite
Utili-Trac v. Deck Rail System
The Frontier wins on hp and torque...... yeah yeah

You can compare and analyze but part of it is subjective, of course...

Thoughts? Tell me why the Taco is the best choice.

Wax
Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
It just is. I love this truck. Always wanted one, and will never regret it. Only other truck I would consider is a Tundra, but just cant afford it. I've seen the Nismo, it's alright, but nothing compared to my Baby... IMO
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
There is a reason why Tacoma owners are Tacoma owners for life. Just like roxspin said, I've always wanted one and now that I have it, I'll never look back. It is the vehicular equivilent of crack.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
There is a reason why Tacoma owners are Tacoma owners for life. Just like roxspin said, I've always wanted one and now that I have it, I'll never look back. It is the vehicular equivilent of crack.
Amen!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at at the cost of ownership over 5 years on Kelly Blue Book! The Tacoma will be worth close to $5K more in 5 years than the Frontier. The Frontier's are the second best truck in their class but in the long run don't compare to the Tacoma.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
+1 IMO the Tacoma has that appeal and coolness that IMO nissan aspires to. IMO my 7 yr old Tacoma ROCKS compared to a new nissan. Tacoma has that "American" edge to it where nissan IMO still has that Japan look . Don't get me wrong- my son had a 1987 nissan hardbody pickup that went just south of 300,000 miles so nissan has its attributes. Just a matter of what do you want to see in your driveway every day.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan is lower in overall quality vs. the Tacoma. The Tacoma is by far a tougher truck. Put them both side by side and compare, ( the dealers should let you). Drive them both and make the desision for your self. FWIW, my buddy has a Nismo Fronteir and he can NEVER catch me despite his "higher" h.p.. Off road or on raod, he is always in my mirrors.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
Navy: Submariner: SSBN-730; SSBN-635: MTS-635; SSN-750. Reserves: NAVELSG. Navy Chief Petty Officer!
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
Well-put by all. I like the passion. I've never owned a truck before but i've caught this bug and can't shake it. Thanks for the replies...

Wax
Old 05-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nissan is lower in overall quality vs. the Tacoma. The Tacoma is by far a tougher truck. Put them both side by side and compare, ( the dealers should let you). Drive them both and make the desision for your self. FWIW, my buddy has a Nismo Fronteir and he can NEVER catch me despite his "higher" h.p.. Off road or on raod, he is always in my mirrors.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nissan is lower in overall quality vs. the Tacoma.
I would agree. I traded in an '05 Altima 3.5SE and, other than a great engine, that car was a piece of junk. When I finally decided to pull the trigger, I went straight to Toyota and never looked back.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
I'm convinced... Now... Black or White TRD Sport?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #12

I say BLACK (I'm biased) but if you go white make sure you get enough black offsets like rims, flares, trim etc
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

White. Do a black on white theme with black wheels, nerfs, etc. Just my opinion, of course. I love black vehicles but they are so freaking hard to keep clean.

See (Ridgerunner)? Great minds think alike, lol!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
White. Do a black on white theme with black wheels, nerfs, etc. Just my opinion, of course. I love black vehicles but they are so freaking hard to keep clean.
x10000!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #15

I gotcha Wilson-righton
Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwax View Post
I'm convinced... Now... Black or White TRD Sport?
Whats wrong with the Speed Way Blue?:

Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #17

Not a DAMM thing lookin at yours, just his 2 fav picks
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Whats wrong with the Speed Way Blue?:
Not a thing. I actually really like that color, even asked about it when I bought mine. Couldn't find one in my configuration in the entire southeast at the time.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #19
hwax's Tacoma Gallery
On the lot, they have a black next to the white - I really like both. I'm
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Get the white with black accessories. I never cared for white vehicles B4, but the black on white Tacoma looks awesome.