Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new exhaust from dynomax....

Old 05-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
goblue64 is on a distinguished road
goblue64's Tacoma Gallery
new exhaust from dynomax....

anyone seen or heard of anyone having a dynomax vt exhaust? apparently it has an internal valve that opens and closes so you get the growl when you floor it but not the drone if your cruisin down the highway. ill look into it more but would be nice to hear what it sounds like
Old 05-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
woah that sounds kind of cool.....subbed
Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
bump
Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Hmmm...

Seems cool, But I wonder if it will cause some restriction.

Looks like a throttle body, or better yet since its on the exit end, a spincter...
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation Fyi:

I was doing research to see if anyone was running this muffler. Found a good thread on a Titan forum. Yeah I know it's Titan, but they seem to have interesting feed back and info on here:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...t-muffler.html

As interesting as this may seem, Im sticking with the basic straight throughs...

Just thought this would help.

Enjoy...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #7
thanks rox thats good stuff
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
6 Cyl. guys need to see this.

There is a muffler made for your engine displacement engineered to knock out the drone and sound good doing it.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/Dynoma...16158/10002/-1
Old 05-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
whos going to be the ginneu pig...
Old 05-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
BBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud ofBBiggs has much to be proud of

Name: Brent
BBiggs's Tacoma Gallery
^^ If you order it for me. I'll install it on my truck, sure. I'll PM you my shipping address :P
Old 05-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
I never knew my truck made an irritating drone
Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could order it for myself it really looks like a good muffler.
I want to see this on both 4cyl and 6cyl Tacomas then have them dynoed comparing this muffler to a factory muffler.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
too bad im 4 states away from my truck... or i'd do it...
Well if you get to your truck let us know how it sounds or make a video.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #14
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
wheres the center in and center out? all of them have offsets.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Not new technology. Nissan and Ferrari have been doing this for some time. Im sure others have. As far as a performance muffler goes, this is the first. Personally, I would rather have a good muffler, and if there was any drone, I would instal a resonator.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Not new technology. Nissan and Ferrari have been doing this for some time. Im sure others have. As far as a performance muffler goes, this is the first. Personally, I would rather have a good muffler, and if there was any drone, I would instal a resonator.
The engineering is not new but I would get it not really because of the drone but the variable back pressure it creates. This would provide a nice smooth ride and when you put your foot to the floor it opens up and becomes aggressive.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
will do. 38 days until i get to see my Tacoma again though... its been 5 months since ive seen it...
Well I will be waiting for it.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw an article for this thing in one of the 4wheel mags I get. I think it was peterson
Old 05-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
This.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
X2. My JBA doesnt give a bit of drone and sounds awesome, all without this 'superior' technology.