Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What would be a good offer for this used Tacoma Canopy?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
What would be a good offer for this used Tacoma Canopy?

"Fits 2006-2010 Totoya Tacoma short box. Dark blue, used only 2 months. best offer, paid 2400. Color matched, fiberglass.top of the line "Snug Top" Phone xxxx".

From the pictures it looks like new, but its blue so I'll have to get it painted.

What do you guys think would be a good price to offer?
Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Is this the Supersport or the XTR model? Kinda hard to tell

Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
There's a guy down here that has been trying to sell a blue canopy with sport bars for some time now. I think he is asking $900.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
"Fits 2006-2010 Totoya Tacoma short box. Dark blue, used only 2 months. best offer, paid 2400. Color matched, fiberglass.top of the line "Snug Top" Phone xxxx".

From the pictures it looks like new, but its blue so I'll have to get it painted.

What do you guys think would be a good price to offer?
Ain't too far away from you. Bought a 3 year old used SnugTop. I ended up paying 600 for the canopy and an additional 200 for color matched paint from Maaco. You would probably be lucky if they let it go for say 1800 but hey what the heck, offer em 1200 to see their response. If they already sold the truck it was on you might have a bit more leverage. Just keep in mind there are others out there looking for the same thing you are.
Actually, I found 2 canopies on Craigslist in Washington State today. Posted them on TW website for any interested parties. Ken
Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Taco love in East Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckr2 View Post
Ain't too far away from you. Bought a 3 year old used SnugTop. I ended up paying 600 for the canopy and an additional 200 for color matched paint from Maaco. You would probably be lucky if they let it go for say 1800 but hey what the heck, offer em 1200 to see their response. If they already sold the truck it was on you might have a bit more leverage. Just keep in mind there are others out there looking for the same thing you are.
Actually, I found 2 canopies on Craigslist in Washington State today. Posted them on TW website for any interested parties. Ken
Thanx, I'll search CL in WA state, I'm not opposed to a little road trip
Old 05-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Taco love in East Van

Argh!!! I just missed a grey colour matched, perfect Leer canopy in WA state that was listed on CL for $900!!! It was one of you guys that got it wasn't it! Someone from near the Oregon border you lucky dog!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I searched like you for about 3 weeks every day. Missed a couple of good ones, then ended up driving to Oregon for mine. Understand your dilemma.
Here's a great Craiglist Search Engine that might help your search.
http://www.searchtempest.com/
You put in your zip code and the distance you want to search from your home/zip. It searches Craigslist, eBay, and a few others. Nice thing about it is you don't have to go into each individual city/region to search. There all open and you just have to select the ad you want. good luck. Ken
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
Those things are not cheap at all!!! I looked at some and they were like $2300! I about freaked! But If its in good condition i would probably pay $1400.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacofanatic05' View Post
Those things are not cheap at all!!! I looked at some and they were like $2300! I about freaked! But If its in good condition i would probably pay $1400.
Gotta agree with him. When I went looking at new Snugtop Canopies they wanted about 2200 after tax. That's why I went searching for used. Got a great deal on a used SnugTop. Definitely well built with some nice options.