LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The NOOB ASK Questions Thread!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
but then you cover the former tailgate position with one of the those tailgate nets. It's like the mesh for the grille.
LOL!!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #23
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
not to be a dick but the whole purpose of a forum is to ask and duscuss. throwing all the questions in here isnt going to help anyone who does a search.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #24
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
read the last post wrong lol, But this is true but it may help some.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #25
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a Tacoma???
Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
ok,can i make a CAI out of a grit can?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I get the little yellow plastic clips that keep the HU on?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #29
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If the uniball on my TC UCAs are squeeking, what's the best kind if grease to put on it? And if I take out the uniball to apply the grease, do I have to get another alignment?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #30
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
If the uniball on my TC UCAs are squeeking, what's the best kind if grease to put on it? And if I take out the uniball to apply the grease, do I have to get another alignment?
Good question. I hear teflon it the best for these. I have a set but never had to grease them myself always have Big O do it for free. However you should not need to take out the ball because they have zerks.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #31
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
No offense but if noobs can't do a search for what they are looking for, how are they gonna find this thread?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #33
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
No offense but if noobs can't do a search for what they are looking for, how are they gonna find this thread?
exactly
unless it is stickied...this thread will be a fart in the wind in 5 hours or so
nice try Op
Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #34
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
this is a good idea, but it will never work, see noobs are only going to find this thread if they know how to use search, and if they knew how to use search they wouldn't need this thread.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #35
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
What's a noob?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #36
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
ok,can i make a CAI out of a grit can?
WTF is a "grit"
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
NOOB question here.... is it possible to drive an 1st gen taco off a cliff. tumble down end over end. and call a fellow TW member for help. and actually recieve it?.......... NOOB Q. #2 what is a sticky? sounds like a personal problem to me.. NOOB Q #3 How many more post will this thread recieve before is lost in cyberspace?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
Whats a Tacoma???
from Urban Dictionary:

Tacoma
1. a city in washington state. its fucking chill-ass town.

2. a badass truck made by toyota that can take heavy abuse.
"tacoma is an awesome town. right next to the beautiful puget sound, with the majestic coast ranges as a backdrop."

"my 4x4 taco will climb those coast ranges no problem."
Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #39
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
Good question. I hear teflon it the best for these. I have a set but never had to grease them myself always have Big O do it for free. However you should not need to take out the ball because they have zerks.
The uniballs don't have zerks (at least I don't think they do). The bushings do, but the uniball has a reservoir-like dip where a lot of water can get in there. Then cause it to squeek later on. For a quick fix I sprayed some wd40 and it worked for a few days. I'll have to take the uniball out this weekend to properly grease them
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #40
amati5 is on a distinguished road
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, since I can't find the info here or the manufacturer's site, I'll ask. Mine came with SAT radio and I assume it's free for the intitial period of time only and I need to renew if desired. My question is how long. It's been more than 6 mos and it's still working. Am I just lucky (actually I don't use it much) or it's ending soon?