Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The NOOB ASK Questions Thread!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
Thats dumb. i was a noob when i first came to TW. And it sucked yeah i didn't know anything. and i still don't know some things. you have a choice to read the thread. who ever wants to help that person can do so. You don't see thousands of people posting on that one thread, who ever helps helps.

And now i am getting into the groove of searching and getting familiar with it. thanks to the Members of TW. (the ones that yell,make fun of me, and say i wear a helmet)
Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #42
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
Where can I get the little yellow plastic clips that keep the HU on?
good question, I went to the dealer and they dont sell just the clips, you have to buy the hole dang radio! I did buy some plastic clips for a diferent part but they didnt work either
Old 05-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #43
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
The uniballs don't have zerks (at least I don't think they do). The bushings do, but the uniball has a reservoir-like dip where a lot of water can get in there. Then cause it to squeek later on. For a quick fix I sprayed some wd40 and it worked for a few days. I'll have to take the uniball out this weekend to properly grease them
WD40 can damage the seals on the uniballs. It is best to use a dry film teflon lube. I use PB blaster dry film.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #44
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
WD40 can damage the seals on the uniballs. It is best to use a dry film teflon lube. I use PB blaster dry film.
EEK! I better grease them up quick then!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #46
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
how often does that need to be done? I have had mine about 18months now.
I shoot mine every few weeks depending n the weather. It is has been dry, I don't worry too much, more in the rain/snow.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #48
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Noob here. I have actually searched the extensive database and looked at most of the after market websites as well as manafactuers websites for a heavy duty shock absorber.

Does any company make a HD shock for a 2009 2.7L ToyotaTacoma 2WD with a 5 speed manual transmission?

Bilstein does make a replacement shock but it is not HD.

Just thought of another Noob question. Is there any way to beef up the suspension to carry heaver loads and not have the truck raised up?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #49
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Good tip! I havent touched them since they were installed. So you just spray the teflon directly on there and let it work its way in on its own?
What kind of Teflon spray do u use?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #51
n00b

ahhh oops. I just googled it and saw some from DUPONT. I'm thrilled about a spray lubricant. Less work in taking it apart to grease it
Old 05-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #52
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed for future use. I have a lot of dumb questions and I am good at answering dumb questions.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #53
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
good question, I went to the dealer and they dont sell just the clips, you have to buy the hole dang radio! I did buy some plastic clips for a diferent part but they didnt work either
yeah i saw your post on that when i searched "yellow clips"

what a bummer that we cant get these. I think I read somewhere that if you buy the metra dash kit, it comes with its own version of clips? Not as good as the yellow ones, but still better than nothing. But to buy that whole kit just for those damn clips?

Eh?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
MontanaYoter is on a distinguished road
Name: Henry
MontanaYoter's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to mount a winch behind the stock bumper on a first gen?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #56

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
JDMCQ said to use a dry film teflon spray whatever that is. Never sprayed mine before
Here you go:

http://www.blastercorporation.com/The_Dry_Lube.html
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #57
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
thanks! picking some up at Home Depot tonight!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #58
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Semi noob question. I'm currently running 885 Coil and 1/4th top plate spacer on the oe shocks. Now I want to step up to the 5100's and have it sit high as possible.

Do I run the 885's and spacer with the 5100's? From what I read if I want to run the 885's the 5100's need to be at the lowest setting.

Would the second .85 setting be ok to run?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #59
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Noob here. I have actually searched the extensive database and looked at most of the after market websites as well as manafactuers websites for a heavy duty shock absorber.

Does any company make a HD shock for a 2009 2.7L ToyotaTacoma 2WD with a 5 speed manual transmission?

Bilstein does make a replacement shock but it is not HD.

Just thought of another Noob question. Is there any way to beef up the suspension to carry heaver loads and not have the truck raised up?
air bags. air them up when carrying a load, and let the air out when not in use (not all the air. keep a couple psi in there so it doesnt crack the air bag).

there is a few companies, but i know firestone makes some... (not firestone tires)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #60
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeye View Post
I have a Semi noob question. I'm currently running 885 Coil and 1/4th top plate spacer on the oe shocks. Now I want to step up to the 5100's and have it sit high as possible.

Do I run the 885's and spacer with the 5100's? From what I read if I want to run the 885's the 5100's need to be at the lowest setting.

Would the second .85 setting be ok to run?

It's possible. Go to advanced search and look for member SecretSquirrel. He has 885 coils with 5100s set at .85. I asked him about it before and he said it gives him more than 3 inches of lift. He also recommended doing the front differential drop.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72