Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The NOOB ASK Questions Thread!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
The NOOB ASK Questions Thread!!!

So since there are a lot of reposts of the same question because people simply fail to search the forum, aka NOOBS to the site, I thought this thread could try to take the place of excessive similar posts.

So here it goes:

If you got a question in general about anything on your tacoma ask it here. If I can answer it I will if not I am sure another member with knowledge will chime in.

Hopefully someone will make this a sticky and it will be at the top of the list.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you make 2 threads?

Maybe you can also add "no flame zone?"
Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
BUDDHApower
tacomabuddha is on a distinguished road

tacomabuddha's Tacoma Gallery
Hi I have a question for you...will the 05+ trd bilstein shocks fit the older trd tacoma trucks? thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea Joel, this will help alot of guys and gals out.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen only? Or shouldn't this be in the Toyota truck/ suv sub forum :P
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome idea... please no negative comments
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Will these [fill in the blank] look good on / fit my truck?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah.. sorry... that was a jackass comment on my part. I'll cut it out and only answer questions as I can.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
first official stupid question... How do I know if my 2010 came from the factory with the rear TSB taken care of, or do I need to go to the dealer and look like an idiot to figure it out? (I figured it was better to look like an idiot anonomously than in person)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomabuddha View Post
Hi I have a question for you...will the 05+ trd bilstein shocks fit the older trd tacoma trucks? thanks
No, they will not.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
first official stupid question... How do I know if my 2010 came from the factory with the rear TSB taken care of, or do I need to go to the dealer and look like an idiot to figure it out? (I figured it was better to look like an idiot anonomously than in person)
Look under the back of the truck. If you have 4 springs total (3 + 1 overload) you have the TSB. If you have 3 springs total (2 + 1 overload), then you do not have the TSB.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
can i put d-rings on my hood?also can i do a satoshi on my tailgate?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post

I see absolutely no reason why you could not install d-rings on your hood.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #18
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
d-rings yes It adds a cool hotrod look to the truck, satoshi on the tailgate you will have to ask toyota about
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the leaf spring info... and I want to see the satoshi tailgate, do you just mount it 2 feet inside the bed of the truck??? hahahaha
Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
Thanks for the leaf spring info... and I want to see the satoshi tailgate, do you just mount it 2 feet inside the bed of the truck??? hahahaha
but then you cover the former tailgate position with one of the those tailgate nets. It's like the mesh for the grille.