LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Time clock wrong again

Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
GunMetalSteak is on a distinguished road
GunMetalSteak's Tacoma Gallery
Time clock wrong again

Good morning everybody, sorry another quick question. Does anybody else have problems with the clock staying the correct time? this morning when i got in it was wrong. (Battery was not dead, started up like nothing was wrong) This does not happen all the time. only one other time when i had a chipped key problem, as mentioned in this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-working.html

Is this something i should be concerned about?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
GunMetalSteak is on a distinguished road
GunMetalSteak's Tacoma Gallery
are saying to format the trucks computer? or do you think i am talking about an actual PC ? (Just to clarify i am having the trouble with an 07' PreRunner DC)
Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalSteak View Post
Good morning everybody, sorry another quick question. Does anybody else have problems with the clock staying the correct time? this morning when i got in it was wrong. (Battery was not dead, started up like nothing was wrong) This does not happen all the time. only one other time when i had a chipped key problem, as mentioned in this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-working.html

Is this something i should be concerned about?
Seeing that your in a '07 I'm hoping your still in warrany. Take it to the dealer explain your concerns and see if they will run a diagnostic to see if any codes are showing? If nothing else there may be a new clock in your future.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
jamescamp11 is on a distinguished road

jamescamp11's Tacoma Gallery
I am actually having a similar issue with my clock but not only does it lose its ability to stay on the correct time it dims out and no longer is viewable a few minutes after startup. I end up having to push on the face of it like when you use to push on the screen of those old solar calculators during class to brighten the numbers so they were easier to read. I have an appointment to get a couple of other minor electrical issues taken care of tomorrow morning and will ask if they have heard or know the solution to this problem. Also, I am not sure what the clock looks like on the 07' but I cant imagine it being that much different than my 95. I'll keep you posted.