Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Bed size vs. 2nd Gen Bed size?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Bed size vs. 2nd Gen Bed size?

Does anyone know the exact size difference between the 1st and 2nd Gen's beds?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Nein!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the subject has already been drawn out in another thread last month and it was concluded that 1st-gens were generally 1" larger both ways than 2nd-gen...mainly caused by the "composite" bed's bulk in the second gens.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can you link me to it, Ridge? When I searched, I couldn't find any actual measurements.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah it was started actually back on 5-3, but I gotta find what forum it was in. If I find the measurements I'll copy them here-I'll be back
Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #6

Toyota sight shows 2008 bed as follow:
73.5" L
56.7"/41.5" W/width between wheel wells
18" H
Old 05-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #7

Here's gen-1's bed dimensions: 74.5"LONG/57.9"WIDE/40.9"HIGH..anybody out there have 2nd gens figures to compare?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Does anyone know the exact size difference between the 1st and 2nd Gen's beds?
This might help. You don't have to enter your name, ect. just put in vehicle you want.

http://www.toyota.com/toyota/html/tcuv/ebrochure.jsp
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Bourbon

That link helped so much! Thanks 4x4x4
Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #10

What am I choppd livr
Old 05-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Bourbon

I gave you rep too Ridge!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #12

Thanks I can live now-by the way I should've said "4x4x4" provided the numbers for the 2nd-gen in the ones above
Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
That link helped so much! Thanks 4x4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Thanks I can live now-by the way I should've said "4x4x4" provided the numbers for the 2nd-gen in the ones above
Just passing info on that I got from someone else. Curious EO, you looking at a good deal on a used topper or tonneau? I'm asking as I thought of keeping the topper off of my '99 but was concerned as to how it would mount to the new truck as well as the measurements. I'd had toppers on the last 3 trucks and decided to tonneau this time.
Later
Old 05-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
Bourbon

Nope. I found a roll bar with 4 KC lights on Craigslist, and hoped it would fit. It was off of a '95 and with my '07 bed being 3" taller, I don't think it'd be worth it to try and make it fit.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
You want a toe? I can get you a toe...
FourWheelsofFURY is on a distinguished road
Army: CH-47D
Name: Charlie
FourWheelsofFURY's Tacoma Gallery
I'd still go look at it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelsofFURY View Post
I'd still go look at it.
a lil late to the party my friend....
Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
You want a toe? I can get you a toe...
FourWheelsofFURY is on a distinguished road
Army: CH-47D
Name: Charlie
FourWheelsofFURY's Tacoma Gallery
Well at least I got a good laugh! So that light bar got sold then?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #19
Bourbon

Quote:
I'd still go look at it.
I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
a lil late to the party my friend....
He is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
2 years late! Holy old thread, Batman!!!
Holy crap. Have I really had this light bar for 2 years?!

Quote:
Well at least I got a good laugh! So that light bar got sold then?
It was sold by someone and bought by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
nope...still 4 sale!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #20
Get Some
wheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
wheresmikeys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Here's gen-1's bed dimensions: 74.5"LONG/57.9"WIDE/40.9"HIGH..anybody out there have 2nd gens figures to compare?
Question on these dimensions. Inside of rails or outside of rails? I have an 08 and used to have a 98, but obviously I did not keep the dimensions of the 98