Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which AIR Filter Do You Use?

View Poll Results: What AIR Filter are You Using?
AFE Pro Dry S 763 18.34%
AFE Oil 49 1.18%
K&N Oil 1,251 30.06%
Green Oil 6 0.14%
TRD Oil 196 4.71%
FRAM 206 4.95%
Stock 1,440 34.61%
Other 250 6.01%
Voters: 4161. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #261
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
anyone know if the toyota performance air filter requires oil? if so new are they pre-oiled? snagged one for 10 bucks so just checking before it arrives.
If it's the TRD air filter, it's pretty much just a K&N as far as I can tell (had the TRD on my Tundra, used a K&N on the Taco). It's pre-oiled and you can use a K&N recharge kit on it when the time comes.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #262
NRA Benefactor Member
LTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the rough

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
K&N for me. I installed a cold air system and it helped my gas milage.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #264
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
just put in my AFE pro dry filter a few hours ago. I noticed a slight throttle response increase, but i'm more concerned that it helps out with gas mileage. Getting 16 around town and 18 on the highway using premium and a 6 speed isn't cutting it for me haha. My new wicked flow should help as well
Old 06-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #265
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
better things to waste money on than aftermarket filter
stock filter is plenty good and no need to worry about underoiling/overoiling not to mention having to buy a new MAF way too soon...
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #267
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Iam running the AFE Pro dry drop in. In my 99 3.4 Tacoma prerunner with a Gibson exhaust. I got one to maybe two HP gains. I did not see any MPG gains!! I did notice a better throttle response. I do like that and the fact that it filters better then OEM. I was running the K & N but had noticed my MAF had a lot of extra crud build up on it. If it was me I would go with the AFE PRO dry drop in or the OME Toyota. hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #268
berry79 is on a distinguished road

berry79's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever get the PN# for the amsoil air filter? Only thing shown on the site is the WIX but, it doesn't state if it's equivalent to the amsoil EA
Old 06-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #269
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry79 View Post
Anyone ever get the PN# for the amsoil air filter? Only thing shown on the site is the WIX but, it doesn't state if it's equivalent to the amsoil EA
It's equivalent! That's what replaced the Amsoil EA
Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #270
skawt01 is on a distinguished road
skawt01's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4x4 TRD with K&N cold air intake and TRD exhaust. I also use Red Line synthetic in the trans and diff, as well as Mobil 1 syn motor oil.

Power gain is negligible, but improved throttle response is real. MPG gains have been impressive, as my best is 24 MPG on a road trip tank w/ the A/C on and a load of camping gear. I ave. 19-20 MPG combined.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #271
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
I sent my K&N back to amazon after reading a ton of articles about how they pretty much suck. No HP gain and let a ton of shit into the intake.

I've always used them and was surprised but there was enough to change my mind.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #273
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
It's all a scam. I've used K&N CAI and TRD CAI and no MPG gains or HP gains... A little louder...Thats it!
I love Charleston, my wife and all her family is from there Need to get back there soon ..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #274
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
For all the AMSOIL fans out there...it seems that they have discontinued the EA air filter for the 1GR-FE. Disappointing...it seems that there isn't much demand for that particular filter. Time to look for something new.

Quote:
John,

Unfortunately the demand for certain air filters where so minimal we had to discontinue some of our line.

Ashley Barone
AMSOIL Technical Services Representative
abarone@amsoil.com
AMSOIL INC- AMSOIL Building
Superior, WI 54880
TEL 715.392.7101 EXT 6098 -FAX 715.392.3097
www.AMSOIL.com
Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #275
M4gery is on a distinguished road

Army:
M4gery's Tacoma Gallery
afe pro dry s, def helped with throttle response and a little more noise, not sure about mpg's yet
Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #276
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
stock is best?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #277
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I was reading through this thread and was wondering is it worth spending the money for just maybe 1-2 hp gain from the air filter? probably a dumb question i know but then again any hp gain is good right? and im new to this but does a aftermarket air filter have to be changed or cleaned?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #278
KillBill is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
KillBill's Tacoma Gallery
I put the K&N cold air intake into my '11 v6 a couple weekends ago and I love it. I havent been off road much with it but I noticed a much more "throaty" sound which I love. I can't say theres a hp difference but i find myself driving a bit quicker off the line just to hear it purr
Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #279
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
aFe Pro Dry - i got an extra 1 or 2 mpg, never noticed much change in the horsepower...the re-usability is awesome tho

Products Discussed in this Thread