Originally Posted by mceagle555
There are a ton of threads regarding air filters, so I was hoping to help start one to condense all of the information. There is a poll created to help show what Taco users are really using.
The main questions most people are asking about each air filter are are:
1. Any horsepower gain? How much? (Ex. +10hp)
2. Any MPG gain? How much? (Ex. +2mpg from 20mpg)
3. Any trouble with oil on MAF sensor?
Please post your current air filter usage on the poll and your answers to the questions above.
Hopefully this will cut down on the repetitive threads.
2008, V6, 4X4, Auto, 5-W30 Castrol GTX oil, 87 oct. gas, AFE oil free drop in.
1. My truck will never be on a Dyno so who knows. Felt more responsive, but then I replaced the OEM filter days after I got it home as well as removing the secondary filter.
2. Got 19.2 mpg on the way home day 1 in stock form only having 11 miles on it when starting home. Haven't been on a road trip since to compare. I have gotten 16-18 mpg around town always. I put a Dynamax performance muffler on the other day so the mileage may even get worse. But damn it sounds good.
3. Dry, so no sensor worry
Not much help I know. I'm curious about highway mileage with the muffler now installed.
Now have almost 8K on the truck. Have welded the stock muffler back in at 2.5K and still getting 16-18 around town and usually 21 mph on the highway at 70-75 mph with the ac. Can't tell any difference in performance with the stock vs. the Dynamax muffler except I can hear my speakers better justifying that speaker upgrade.
Still like the AFE as I use the shop vac and it's clean and never had any dust past the filter towards the throttle body. I feel that it was $ well spent.