Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

7 Prong plug on reg cab????

Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Jeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant future
Name: Jeff
Jeff3004x4's Tacoma Gallery
7 Prong plug on reg cab????

So I'm going look at new trucks Wednesday to try and feel out a few dealerships and look at colors ect. I may buy a truck the beginning of new week. One question, I use 4 different trailers some are have 4 prong connectors and some have 7 prong, and two have brakes. I plan on installing a brake box in my truck. I am assuming that all reg cabs come standard with 4 prong connectors if you get the towing package, and access cabs come standard with 7 prong connectors and pre wired for a brake box if you get the towing package. Can you get a reg cab with the factory 7 prong trailer wiring harness installed? What about prewired for a brake box? I guess I知 going to find out Wednesday but I知 impatient. Anyone have any good info?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Only the V6's are pre-wired. Running 7 Pin wiring with charging circuit take about 4 hours, use the search function.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff3004x4 View Post
So I'm going look at new trucks Wednesday to try and feel out a few dealerships and look at colors ect. I may buy a truck the beginning of new week. One question, I use 4 different trailers some are have 4 prong connectors and some have 7 prong, and two have brakes. I plan on installing a brake box in my truck. I am assuming that all reg cabs come standard with 4 prong connectors if you get the towing package, and access cabs come standard with 7 prong connectors and pre wired for a brake box if you get the towing package. Can you get a reg cab with the factory 7 prong trailer wiring harness installed? What about prewired for a brake box? I guess I知 going to find out Wednesday but I知 impatient. Anyone have any good info?
There is no 4-cyl towing package.

The dealer installed a tow hitch and 7 pin harness before delivery for me.