LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wheel shaking after new tires???

Old 05-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel shaking after new tires???

So, I finally got some new tires put on (BFG's All-Terrain). Now I have noticed when I am traveling at speeds of 50-55mph my steering wheel is shaking. My question is??? Is it bad wheel balancing job or alignment issues????? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
AZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Jay
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
I am just about ready for new tires and I already have alignments figured in my quotes. But balancing is probably the culprit.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like they arent balanced right.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to all, seems like i have to get them balanced again.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
dude im having the same issue right now. Ive been trying to balance my BFG ATs for a week and cant get them to balance. The rep at Americas Tire told me 2 of my wheel are bent and that why they cant balance so I ordered two more but Im wondering if I should cancel the order. Im worried that the rims wont fix the problem, and thats the whole reason I bought them. Keep me posted on your end, curious to see what you get.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...balancing.html
Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #8
VTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedVTDave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
VTDave's Tacoma Gallery
If there was no shake before the new tires and now there's a shake, guess what? The problem has to do with the tires.

Ask the original tire shop to road force balance the tires/wheels. If that doesn't work, take it to another shop and have them do the same.

The Hunter road force balance instruments are AWESOME and do their job well. Some shops don't test their calibration often enough, and some have techs who don't know how to use the instrument properly, so that's why having it done at a 2nd shop sometimes solves the problem.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Bad balancing. BFG AT's are a pain in the ass to balance the first time around.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
If the rebalancing doesn't work, try doing the chalk line on the tires for adjusting the PSI.
EX - Draw a line across the width of the tire.
drive a short distance
see how the line has worn
if more of the center is worn, too much air pressure
if more of the edges are worn, too little air pressure.

But after each air pressure adjustment, then take it on the highway
and see if the different PSI settings effect the steering shaking.