Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do 2010 tacoma's have the leaf spring tsb?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Do 2010 tacoma's have the leaf spring tsb?

I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and have been reading issues about leaf spring problems in tacoma's. I read one thread that stated if you have only 3 leaf springs that you should take it to the dealer to get 4 put on. Does this TSB affect 2010's?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
The ones I've seen at the dealerships all have 4.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by copdude33 View Post
I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and have been reading issues about leaf spring problems in tacoma's. I read one thread that stated if you have only 3 leaf springs that you should take it to the dealer to get 4 put on. Does this TSB affect 2010's?
I bought a 2010 TRD Sport last month and it did not have the TSB springs. Yes the 2010's are included in the TSB. I just had the TSB springs installed today...

Before & after:
Attached Thumbnails
Do 2010 tacoma's have the leaf spring tsb?-img_2785sm.jpg   Do 2010 tacoma's have the leaf spring tsb?-img_2842.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
The ones I've seen at the dealerships all have 4.
I bought my 2010 2 months ago and just noticed that I only have 3 springs. Shit! Another trip to the dealer and camp out in the waiting room I just learned too that I would be getting a recall notice that includes the accelerator crap. So tacoma owners get ready, we are going to be included in this mess.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is eligible for the TSB
Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please reference this thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...09-2010-a.html
Old 05-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #7
Army:
I called my dealer this morning and I couldn't get them to agree to replace the 3 springs in my 2010 to the 4 springs without them "taking a look at it" first. I live an hour and a half one way to the dealer so it's a pain in the ass to drive 3 hours for them "to look at it" and then have to come back on another day to have them put it on. I tried to get them to go ahead and order the 4 leaf spring part so that it could be done same day but with no luck. Should I call the Toyota customer service number or should I just continue playing the game with my dealer? It's just a pain in the ass to keep driving my gas and using my time for unnecessary trips. Half of the damned miles on my NEW truck are from having to take my truck back and forth to the dealer Thinking everyday now that I should have gotten a ridgeline. Come on Toyota get this shit right!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately you're probably going to have to invest another day. Go ahead and let them look at it. Just tell them the springs bottom out and the ride is harsh with a load. Stick to this statement. Most likely it will be a done deal. I had some pictures of the springs with my 4-wheeler loaded, but never needed them. Even though the TSB is based on what the customer tells them, some dealerships need to actually see the truck before the parts are ordered. Bite the bullet. It's worth the hassle.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Do YOU have a problem with YOUR leaf springs? That is the only important question.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I called my dealer this morning and I couldn't get them to agree to replace the 3 springs in my 2010 to the 4 springs without them "taking a look at it" first. I live an hour and a half one way to the dealer so it's a pain in the ass to drive 3 hours for them "to look at it" and then have to come back on another day to have them put it on. I tried to get them to go ahead and order the 4 leaf spring part so that it could be done same day but with no luck. Should I call the Toyota customer service number or should I just continue playing the game with my dealer? It's just a pain in the ass to keep driving my gas and using my time for unnecessary trips. Half of the damned miles on my NEW truck are from having to take my truck back and forth to the dealer Thinking everyday now that I should have gotten a ridgeline. Come on Toyota get this shit right!
I would call the Toyota customer service number but you may still have to take your truck in for the dealer to confirm that a harsh ride condition exists.

I will also note that the 3 leaf packs in the '09 and '10 models seem to be revised in that they can handle a fair amount of load. I tested mine with a couple yards of bark and it rode fairly well. My reasoning for getting the four leaf pack was due to my usage of the truck. I got rid of my old F250 which was my hauler for this truck so I wanted to make sure I was getting maximum handling capacity.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #11
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dude you're 46 minutes. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I don't live smack dab in the middle of Roxboro, like your Google flag, and you have to account for traffic. I of all people know how long it takes because I drive it.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #13
Toobold has a spectacular aura aboutToobold has a spectacular aura about
Toobold's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine this past March and it was not installed. I just recently had it installed and it is working out great.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most dealers will not take a customers word on warranty work without first looking at it. This is because they are usually underpaid for the warranty work to begin with and they loose an easy billing hour to Corporate by not first inspecting it.

Your inconvenience is not their inconvenience.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
penelope is on a distinguished road
Name: Debbie
penelope's Tacoma Gallery
I have read so much about how people have been able to take their Tacomas to the dealers and get the 4 leafs replaced with the 3 leafs on the leaf springs! Mine did only have 3 and at just before the 1 year of the purchase of my Tacoma I ended up with my right leaf spring breaking. I contacted the dealership where I purchased it. I was happy to find out that it was covered under the Comprehensive Warranty up to the year of the purchase. It isn't a recall but is supposed to be covered under the TSB. So I took it there and was given a rental car for the period of the repair and it was covered under the Extra Care. This was good because I actually live 84 miles from the dealer. I just brought my truck home today and the dealer only replaced one of the leaf springs on the broken side and only put back on a 3 leaf spring. I am somewhat disappointed with the service. My husband is a ASE Certified Mechanic. So at this point we will end up purchasing the SET of the 4 leaf springs from ebay and he will be replacing them himself. I really wish the WARRANTY had covered it. Otherwise what is the point of having a warranty?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope View Post
I have read so much about how people have been able to take their Tacomas to the dealers and get the 4 leafs replaced with the 3 leafs on the leaf springs! Mine did only have 3 and at just before the 1 year of the purchase of my Tacoma I ended up with my right leaf spring breaking. I contacted the dealership where I purchased it. I was happy to find out that it was covered under the Comprehensive Warranty up to the year of the purchase. It isn't a recall but is supposed to be covered under the TSB. So I took it there and was given a rental car for the period of the repair and it was covered under the Extra Care. This was good because I actually live 84 miles from the dealer. I just brought my truck home today and the dealer only replaced one of the leaf springs on the broken side and only put back on a 3 leaf spring. I am somewhat disappointed with the service. My husband is a ASE Certified Mechanic. So at this point we will end up purchasing the SET of the 4 leaf springs from ebay and he will be replacing them himself. I really wish the WARRANTY had covered it. Otherwise what is the point of having a warranty?
Howdy and welcome to TW! I highly recommend going with an aftermarket set of springs for the 4-pack rather than the Toyota set. I have the TSB (4-leaf) pack and I'm looking to replace them at some point. They were fine at first, but do settle quite a bit over time. I don't have any to recommend right off the top of my head, but there are a ton of threads about springs on here and lots of recommendations about different makes.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It depends as someone above said, IF YOU NEED IT... I had an '05 and it needed it bad, but no dealer cooperation, and I didn't know about TSBs ... if there were any out yet for it ('05 was the first year for the second gen., bigger Taco). My '01 was awesome and I think they used the same springs and shocks on the newer, heavier Taco?

My 2010 4WD DC (also with 3 leaf springs) did not bottom out with the same heavy load or rear seat adult passengers, as my '05 did... So, in my case, they improved the springs. However, not all 2010 apparently got better springs, so yes, there was a TSB for 2010 double cab and access cab models... I printed it out and was going to use it to get it done if my 2010 ever sagged and bottomed out while it was still under warranty... It didn't.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Do YOU have a problem with YOUR leaf springs? That is the only important question.

^ this...
they will check to see if your bump stops are hitting.. easy to see and check. you cant just call them and say your truck is acting weird.. replace the trans. they need to verify.. the TSB has guidelines.. it does not say replace springs if customer reads on web and decided he wants them.