1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do 2010 tacoma's have the leaf spring tsb?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by copdude33, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 9:12 PM
    copdude33

copdude33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roxboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    Tint, bed cover, led high beams, HID low beams, blacked emblems
    I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and have been reading issues about leaf spring problems in tacoma's. I read one thread that stated if you have only 3 leaf springs that you should take it to the dealer to get 4 put on. Does this TSB affect 2010's?

2. May 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    The ones I've seen at the dealerships all have 4.

3. May 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    Cannonball

Cannonball Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel / 1979 Jeep CJ-5
    I bought a 2010 TRD Sport last month and it did not have the TSB springs. Yes the 2010's are included in the TSB. I just had the TSB springs installed today...

Before & after:

IMG_2785sm.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg

4. May 7, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    copdude33

Member:
    Roxboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    I bought my 2010 2 months ago and just noticed that I only have 3 springs. Shit! Another trip to the dealer and camp out in the waiting room:mad: I just learned too that I would be getting a recall notice that includes the accelerator crap. So tacoma owners get ready, we are going to be included in this mess.

5. May 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Mine is eligible for the TSB

6. May 7, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
  7. May 8, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    copdude33

Member:
    Roxboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Limited 4x4
    I called my dealer this morning and I couldn't get them to agree to replace the 3 springs in my 2010 to the 4 springs without them "taking a look at it" first. I live an hour and a half one way to the dealer so it's a pain in the ass to drive 3 hours for them "to look at it" and then have to come back on another day to have them put it on. I tried to get them to go ahead and order the 4 leaf spring part so that it could be done same day but with no luck. Should I call the Toyota customer service number or should I just continue playing the game with my dealer? It's just a pain in the ass to keep driving my gas and using my time for unnecessary trips. Half of the damned miles on my NEW truck are from having to take my truck back and forth to the dealer :mad: Thinking everyday now that I should have gotten a ridgeline. Come on Toyota get this shit right!

8. May 8, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    dbarn

dbarn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4X4 V6
    Unfortunately you're probably going to have to invest another day. Go ahead and let them look at it. Just tell them the springs bottom out and the ride is harsh with a load. Stick to this statement. Most likely it will be a done deal. I had some pictures of the springs with my 4-wheeler loaded, but never needed them. Even though the TSB is based on what the customer tells them, some dealerships need to actually see the truck before the parts are ordered. Bite the bullet. It's worth the hassle.

9. May 8, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do YOU have a problem with YOUR leaf springs? That is the only important question.

10. May 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I would call the Toyota customer service number but you may still have to take your truck in for the dealer to confirm that a harsh ride condition exists.

I will also note that the 3 leaf packs in the '09 and '10 models seem to be revised in that they can handle a fair amount of load. I tested mine with a couple yards of bark and it rode fairly well. My reasoning for getting the four leaf pack was due to my usage of the truck. I got rid of my old F250 which was my hauler for this truck so I wanted to make sure I was getting maximum handling capacity.

11. May 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    dude you're 46 minutes. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=roxboro, nc&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

12. May 8, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    copdude33

Member:
    Roxboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Limited 4x4
  13. May 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    Toobold

Toobold Active Member

Member:
    I got mine this past March and it was not installed. I just recently had it installed and it is working out great.

14. May 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L
    Most dealers will not take a customers word on warranty work without first looking at it. This is because they are usually underpaid for the warranty work to begin with and they loose an easy billing hour to Corporate by not first inspecting it.

Your inconvenience is not their inconvenience.

15. Mar 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    penelope

penelope New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Debbie
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    I have read so much about how people have been able to take their Tacomas to the dealers and get the 4 leafs replaced with the 3 leafs on the leaf springs! Mine did only have 3 and at just before the 1 year of the purchase of my Tacoma I ended up with my right leaf spring breaking. :( I contacted the dealership where I purchased it. I was happy to find out that it was covered under the Comprehensive Warranty up to the year of the purchase. :rolleyes: It isn't a recall but is supposed to be covered under the TSB. So I took it there and was given a rental car for the period of the repair and it was covered under the Extra Care. This was good because I actually live 84 miles from the dealer. I just brought my truck home today and the dealer only replaced one of the leaf springs on the broken side and only put back on a 3 leaf spring. I am somewhat disappointed with the service. My husband is a ASE Certified Mechanic. So at this point we will end up purchasing the SET of the 4 leaf springs from ebay and he will be replacing them himself. I really wish the WARRANTY had covered it. Otherwise what is the point of having a warranty?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Mar 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    Howdy and welcome to TW! I highly recommend going with an aftermarket set of springs for the 4-pack rather than the Toyota set. I have the TSB (4-leaf) pack and I'm looking to replace them at some point. They were fine at first, but do settle quite a bit over time. I don't have any to recommend right off the top of my head, but there are a ton of threads about springs on here and lots of recommendations about different makes.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  17. Mar 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    It depends as someone above said, IF YOU NEED IT... I had an '05 and it needed it bad, but no dealer cooperation, and I didn't know about TSBs ... if there were any out yet for it ('05 was the first year for the second gen., bigger Taco). My '01 was awesome and I think they used the same springs and shocks on the newer, heavier Taco?

My 2010 4WD DC (also with 3 leaf springs) did not bottom out with the same heavy load or rear seat adult passengers, as my '05 did... So, in my case, they improved the springs. However, not all 2010 apparently got better springs, so yes, there was a TSB for 2010 double cab and access cab models... I printed it out and was going to use it to get it done if my 2010 ever sagged and bottomed out while it was still under warranty... It didn't.

Products Discussed in

To Top