Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 DC Long Bed- Old Man Emu Suspension??

Old 05-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Benny is on a distinguished road
Benny's Tacoma Gallery
09 DC Long Bed- Old Man Emu Suspension??

Hello all. New to the forum and also the Taco. I don't even have it yet. I have been scouring the earth for an 09 DC LB with less than 25K and a good price. Some out there but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I have a dealer friend who has his buyers looking at auctions so it's just a matter of time.

Here's my deal, I want to do suspension right from the get go. I want to lift primarily for touring style road trips that involve a lot of off road driving. Sometimes towing a 3000 lb trailer, sometimes more. So I'm thinking I want about 2.5" straight suspension lift. My friends have always been pleased with OME and I think that's who I'll use. So, I want to level the ride for sure, but I don't want to do this if while towing it's going to look ridiculous or have the front end ride up. I want to be able to run bigger tires in the fall/winter, but probably run them a little taller than stock the rest of the year.

I am going to put an ARB on the front and mod it to accept a hitch receiver so I can keep my winch in the bed and use it on either end, so I have more weight in the front to consider but I guess it's not too much.

I want the truck to still ride well on pavement but be able to handle washboards and dirt roads well, get more clearance and more travel. What suspension components should I get?

Thanks for the help/advice.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
OME either 885 or since its a dcab and ur gonna use a ARB bumper go with the 886. Get the OME lift kit. comes with front springs, front and rear shocks, aal or leaf pack cant remember! with that you be set after some new ucas possibly, install and alingmenet!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Benny is on a distinguished road
Benny's Tacoma Gallery
I am having a hard time figuring out if I need UCAs or not. What should I do in the back considering that I will be towing a fair amount? Add a leaf, or something more expensive?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I did the OME kit with spacers and 885 coils. I didn't NEED uca's...but most on here will still recommend them.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
as mentioned above but with OME Dakar leaf springs Fo Sho!!!! (and LR UCAs ) all avail. from toytec. do a couple searches in the suspension pages and you ' ll have plenty of reading to digest... =]
DCLB FTW!!!!.
Oh and welcome to TW...!
...remember the first step is admitting you have a problem (TW!!!!)
Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya I think for towing the 3 leaf pack from dakar would be great! Toyteclifts.com hass all the info on the above mentioned lifts and uca's. If you run stock wheels with the lift you might need to get the uca's to prevent rubbing or run properly backspaced wheels...better to just go with the ucas so you know for sure you won't have alignment troubles
Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to go OME on my 09 DCLB Sport , 885's and Dakars ,

OZ
Old 05-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
Almost there

Are you wanting to run a bumper like him as well or no?
Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm undecided , but realize I should consider 886's if I run an aftermarket bumper ,