Keep the one 70 58.82%
Store the one now till needed 22 18.49%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
I Will Find You...
Vindicitive is on a distinguished road

Vindicitive's Tacoma Gallery
Dual Antennas-yay on nay?

I know there are a lot of threads on CB Antennas and where to mount them, I Couldnt find any on dual antennas, I wouldnt hook the second one up to the CB, it would just be there for looks. I currently keep the one i have now up all the time.

Should I..
keep the single one
Go dual (for looks)
or store the antenna till im using the CB

My current set-up
Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
dual just for looks? i vote no.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
I Will Find You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I dont get it, what looks cool about 2?
Ive seen a couple of tacos in my area with em which I thought looked pretty good, kinda gives it more of an off-roady look- which is what im going for on this truck. (yes I know i have a prerunner)
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I would store it until you actually use it. Just my way of thinking. By the way your set up looks awsome with the rear lights.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont like the looks of the one buy itself, get one of these to fold down the antenna into the top of the bed and swing it up when u need it. i <3 mine...

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/cb...apter-509.html
Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I think a dual setup Looks more balanced and appealing, one antenna just looks off. But each to their own, its your rig so do what looks right to you, when i had a cb i always went with two antennas.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think dual antennas look kinda cool. But I hate anything that's non-functional. It would be the same as having a light bar full of lights that don't turn on.

I think you should put them both on, hook them both up and tune them. Then when someone asks why you have two antennas, you can come up with some kind of techno-geek answer. Anything you can come up with would sound better than "just for looks".

Of course, none of this matters if you don't care what the rest of us think. But you did come here to ask.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesworld View Post
So you think he should have 26 antenna's?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
i say NO if one is for looks
many many years ago i had 2 , BUT both were hooked up.
i remember as a kid in the 70s seeing the jacked up 4x4s having duel whips mounted on side of read bumper, as a kid i thought it looked cool
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got two, one for my CB. The other is wired into the cab as im waiting to get my scanner sometime in the future.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
damn u bug boy!
you leave my bug out of this!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Dr Rocken is on a distinguished road

Name: Dr Rocken
Dr Rocken's Tacoma Gallery
I hade 2 on my Taco for a bit steal and one of fiberglass. The fiberglass was for receive and steal to transmitt. with a Y on a rely to them both. But putting it on just for looks I say No!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Just need 1, Having two antenna's makes it difficult to get them tuned to work together.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
Dont judge me
Justin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant futureJustin723 has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Justin
Justin723's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should role with 2. Have them both tuned but only one hooked up. Just incase something were to happen to it, plus it evens it out and looks cool. And Tacosupreem is correct, i messed mine up by doing that.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
putting them on for looks....well reminds me of the early 80's when they sold phony phone antennas for your car so you could look like you have a cell phone
they still do...visit the local autozone stick on mod section
Old 05-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
Go dual man, 2 looks great and you should get an even better signal with one hooked up than it being split to 2..that's my understanding, though i may be wrong
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
note: with two antennas it is useful for a big rig driver
but you will find that you are now directional and recieve/xmit
best front and back and not as good on the side
if you wanted omni directional the best place is in the middle of the truck chassis ( front of the bed)

putting them on for looks....well reminds me of the early 80's when they sold phony phone antennas for your car so you could look like you have a cell phone
Big truck drivers usually only run 1 cb antenna. the other is for the T.V.!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
I Will Find You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if you dont like the looks of the one buy itself, get one of these to fold down the antenna into the top of the bed and swing it up when u need it. i <3 mine...

> I'm liking that, beats taking it off everytime when I pull in the grage

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/cb...apter-509.html
> I'm liking that, beats taking it off everytime when I pull in the grage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
Ive got two, one for my CB. The other is wired into the cab as im waiting to get my scanner sometime in the future.

Nice set up man, never thought about it really but ur right they can both be hooked up to different devices instead of both to the cb, therefore their both functional and im not looking like a wanna-be