Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leveling Kits

Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
jnguyen832@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
jnguyen832@yahoo.com's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling Kits

I just put on a 3" leveling kit on my '05 tacoma and i have some metal rubbing in my front suspension when i turn at a slow speed. I can't figure out what it is, everything looks good in the suspension, nothing is broken or loose. Anyone with a leveling kit having problems like mine? i think it is the rack and pinion or the ball joint
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
mattsowell is on a distinguished road

mattsowell's Tacoma Gallery
im so green in here I wouldn't have a clue. But i am interested in getting a leveling kit and want more info on issues so keep this thread goin please. Thanx
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
what size tires and wheels?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
what size tires and wheels?
X2. He might be hitting his UCA's. Either that or he just has to do some trimming if he did get bigger tires.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2. He might be hitting his UCA's. Either that or he just has to do some trimming if he did get bigger tires.
yup thats what im thinking....i dont think its the suspension
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Might be your ball joints. They are put in a bind when you lift your front end.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
jnguyen832@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
jnguyen832@yahoo.com's Tacoma Gallery
i got 32" tires but it is not my tire that is making this noise, it sounds like a little pop
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnguyen832@yahoo.com View Post
i got 32" tires but it is not my tire that is making this noise, it sounds like a little pop
32" tires? Those are pretty big. Are they on aftermarket rims? If so what size rims and whats their backspacing? Also, you havent trimmed up front at all?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
aar0n897 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Aviation Maintenance Tech.
Name: Aaron
aar0n897's Tacoma Gallery
If I do a 2.5" coil spring spacers in the front and nothing in the back on my 09 reg cab would 31s or the metric similar size work. If so how much of a space and gap would there be? too much, not filling or spot on. Also can I use my stock rims?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2.5" front lift, OEM wheels, and 265/75/16 (31.65") tires. No rubbing.

Not sure what you mean about "space and gap". Are you talking about the space between the wheel arch and the wheel?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Tacogray is on a distinguished road
Name: Fernando
Tacogray's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I have 2.5" front lift, OEM wheels, and 265/75/16 (31.65") tires. No rubbing.

Not sure what you mean about "space and gap". Are you talking about the space between the wheel arch and the wheel?
so you got a 2.5" in the front. did you put spacer. what about the rear did you leave it the way it came stock? sorry about this question im trying to fine a leveling kit for mine. 2010 taco access cab