Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how do you change belt?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
how do you change belt?

how do you change the serpentine belt?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...i=&safe=images
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Serpentine belt changing is a very easy task. All you need is a 3/8 ratchet or serpentine belt tool. You have to insert the square end into a slot on the tensioner pulley the pull on it until the belt is loose and you can take it off the pulleys. Don't forget how it's routed around the pulleys, you may want to make a little diagram on paper before you take it off. Installation is the reverse of removal. I would take some pics, but my dad is borrowing my truck to tow something (his truck is to weak to tow!!!hehehe).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tine-belt.html

I found this link for you with a basic picture & diagram

Not to be rude, but if you have to ask how to do a serpentine belt you might consider not doing it and having someone who has done it before show you how.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
When changing mine I found that there is a hole in the tentioner to insert a metal rod (i used a screwdriver) which will hold the tentioner open to allow you to install the belt using 2 hands.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...06ta/00700.pdf
Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
Love it !!

How can you NOT LOVE this site !!!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Serpentine belt changing is a very easy task. All you need is a 3/8 ratchet or serpentine belt tool. You have to insert the square end into a slot on the tensioner pulley the pull on it until the belt is loose and you can take it off the pulleys. Don't forget how it's routed around the pulleys, you may want to make a little diagram on paper before you take it off. Installation is the reverse of removal. I would take some pics, but my dad is borrowing my truck to tow something (his truck is to weak to tow!!!hehehe).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tine-belt.html

I found this link for you with a basic picture & diagram

Not to be rude, but if you have to ask how to do a serpentine belt you might consider not doing it and having someone who has done it before show you how.

Maybe he meant how do you change this belt on the tacoma versus belt in general. As the belt is further down than most I have changed in other cars, also every manufacture has their own take on the best way to apply the tension set-up.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures I took when changing my belt.

In this pic I am using a screwdriver in the hole to hold the tentioner open while I remove the old belt and install the new one.

Once the screwdriver is in, you can remove the wrench and install the belt.

You have to install the new belt between the radiator and the fan.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
i haven't even looked at it, a guy at work that has a tacoma asked me, cause he said he saw 3 possible tension pulleys, so i figured id kick it to yall cause i figured someone would know, and itd be easier than me going out their and fidling with it
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
Deepseadoc5 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Navy Diver
Name: Nate
Deepseadoc5's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Thanks for the posts im doing mine today.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
i haven't even looked at it, a guy at work that has a tacoma asked me, cause he said he saw 3 possible tension pulleys, so i figured id kick it to yall cause i figured someone would know, and itd be easier than me going out their and fidling with it
3 idlers, 1 tensioner
Old 10-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05%2B/data/il...a/00800210.pdf

?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
othater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of light
othater's Tacoma Gallery
Just changed my serpentine belt. Took about 45 minutes.
Thanks to the multiple different post on replacing the belt but especially
DB (Derek) for posting pictures which helped me as I am old and a visual learner.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Taco much easier than the transverse in the 2nd-gen Rav4.
Spent well over an hour and lost a fair amount of knuckle skin and blood doing that one.

Very little room to get the belt past the fender structures, then it was damned near impossible to get the belt on all of the pulleys and the tensioner... definite 2-hand operation, and no way to lock the tensioner, and no room for a helper's hands.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
I tried doing mine from the hood, difficult. Removed skid and worked from the bottom, simple. About a 30 min job from start removal to finish. Ask toyota for a belt diagram when you get the belt, or search online. There isn't one under the hood like normal cars.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
Instagram: b00sted_b18c5
SYTFUxMBRProjects is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
SYTFUxMBRProjects's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine from the top today, finished it in about 45 minutes.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #18
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
it's way easier if you just don't have a fan like me. I have an E Fan, i can prob now squeeze between the engine and radiator now.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, doin mine this weekend