Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 installed @ 1.75"

Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 installed @ 1.75"

Installed my 5100 shocks a few weeks ago with the toytec 1/4" spacer on the driver side. Front set to 1.75" and rear has TSB springs. Loving the ride.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Forgive my newbness, but what's the story with the 1/4 inch spacer on the ds, and also, did you get billys all around or leave the rear tsb shocks in?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
Forgive my newbness, but what's the story with the 1/4 inch spacer on the ds, and also, did you get billys all around or leave the rear tsb shocks in?
It's to fix the "Taco lean" Our trucks lean to the drivers side a little, but I don't notice it enough to use a spacer.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
mxracer244 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
mxracer244's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp looking truck!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
keithlandrum is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
keithlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
that looks goooooooooood dude.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
It's to lift the driver side a bit to compensate for the lean on that side. I have Icon resi shocks on the back. Makes for a smooth ride back. I had older Icon coilovers up front but I'm going to get those rebuilt. May add them back down the road. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Dungeon Master
Bellvis is on a distinguished road

Bellvis's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Can't wait to do mine!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I had older Icon coilovers up front but I'm going to get those rebuilt.
why the downgrade?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck! you should come out to pearland this sunday, meet at my place.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
why the downgrade?

The coilovers were shot and needed to be replaced. These bilstein shocks ride so much nicer than the coilovers. Only con is extra body roll in corners because the 5100 shocks/trd springs are not as stiff as the icon coilovers. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
good looking truck! you should come out to pearland this sunday, meet at my place.

Cool. Can you pm me the address and details? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
WINSTEW will become famous soon enough
Navy: Nuke
Name: Tim
WINSTEW's Tacoma Gallery
What size rims and tires are those... I'm torn between the 16" and 17"
Old 05-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
jrider636 is on a distinguished road
Name: justin
jrider636's Tacoma Gallery
NICE lookn truck!

hey i got a 08 prerunner and im getn the rear spring tsb done soon and was wondering if the rear would be the same height.............
Old 05-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINSTEW View Post
What size rims and tires are those... I'm torn between the 16" and 17"
265/70/17 nitto Terra grapplers
weld racing wheels 17x8.5 with 4.5 bs

I like the look of 17 but 16 are generally cheaper. Not all 16" wheels will clear the calipers so beware. Thanks guys.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, can't believe they run smoother than the icon's. I'm wanting to ditch this spacer lift and have been debating between long term set-up (Icon's) or saving $ and getting the billies. Are they nice off-road? Also, how long did you have the icon's before having to get them re-built? That sucks to pay as much as they are when billies are a smoother ride. I'm about 80-90% on road right now (would like to be in the dirt more) but would like something smooth in both conditions. These spacers are KILLING me!!!

Sweet truck by the way!

Mike