1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More trouble with power locks...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SilverMac, May 12, 2010.

1. May 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    SilverMac

SilverMac [OP] Mine's the silver one...

Member:
    Keller, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner DC SR5
    1st, my drivers door lock stopped working with the key fob. Then it stopped working even when I pushed the button inside. Now my passenger side rear door won't unlock with the fob or button (but it will lock if it is unlocked manually). Looks to be an electrical issue. My truck is only 2 1/2 years old, but with 52,000 miles, I doubt the dealership would help me without robbing me. Is this something that is common, or is this rare?

2. May 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I have not heard of problems on a Tacoma, but door lock actuators in general are a common failure on vehicles.

Kind of strange that the door lock switch still worked for the drivers door, but no response from the remote. If the other two doors still work okay, I would lean towards a problem in the body ECU.

Hopefully a Toyota technician can give you a better idea what to look for. If it were me, I would pull a door panel and check for power at the actuator.

3. Jun 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    stormyday

stormyday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morganton, NC
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco Double Cab Pre-Runner
    I am also having problems. My driver side will not unlock electronically randomly and the passenger will not lock randomly.

4. Jun 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    I had to change my drivers side lock motor awhile back. Got a used lock off ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 8, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    jdman_42261

jdman_42261 Member

Member:
    Did you all get your power locks fixed? My 2007 tacoma driver side door lock is now not working when you push lock on the key remote. It will unlock but will not lock. When you push lock it even knows that it doesn't lock the first time and it tries it again but still won't lock the driver door. Also the lights do not flash simply because it's not locking. This makes no sense to me...any suggestions on fixing it?

6. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    stormyday

stormyday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morganton, NC
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco Double Cab Pre-Runner
    I broke down and had the steelership replace it under my extended warranty. They told me that it would be close to $700 but when they filed it to the warranty is was only $350. Now they all work well.

Products Discussed in

To Top