1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck doesn't start, anti-theft system!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08Tacoma, May 13, 2010.

1. May 13, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    08Tacoma

08Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma, DblCab, 4x4, TrdSport, BlackSandPearl, 2.5" Toytec, TubeSteps, WindowTinting
    Hi all, my truck won't start, I just replaced the battery, but it won't start.

I think the anti-theft system is activated since the immobilizer light keeps blinkung.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how deactivate that?

I went through the manual and it says that it will automatically deactivate once you put the key in the ignition switch, but its not happening.

Please HELPP!!!

Thanks

2. May 13, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Are you getting any kind of response from turning the key? Any sounds or anything? Maybe it wasn't a bad battery.

3. May 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    08Tacoma

08Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma, DblCab, 4x4, TrdSport, BlackSandPearl, 2.5" Toytec, TubeSteps, WindowTinting
    Once I changed the battery yeah, when I installled the new one you can hear the bipping and lights will turn on, it just does'nt start, and that light keeps blinking.

4. May 4, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    Clipper

Clipper Western Alliance: Sierra's

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco 4X4
    I realize this is an old thread but If there is an answer that would help me out. I am having the same issue. I have 2 keys. One of the keys every 2nd or 3rd time trying to start my truck it wouldn't start. If i keep turning the key eventually it will start. i started using my other key and the problem was gone for a week now it is less frequent but happens every 10th ish time i start the truck. Anyone have any thoughts? My battery is only 8 months old and the truck only has 50k on it so the starter should have life on it. When i turn the key i dont get any sound like no power is going to the starter. i was assuming that the issue is probaby the anti theft system. Since both keys have the issue i was assuming that it would be the part that is in the stearing column.

5. May 5, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Immobilizer works either by not turning on ignition or fuel pump or both. I have an unchipped key I use to lock/unlock the doors; used in the ignition it activates the starter every time.

So it sounds to me like an ignition switch, solenoid or starter problem, not vehicle immobilizer.

Interesting: when I hold a chipped key really close to the ignition switch bezel it will start!

Products Discussed in

To Top