Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nice bumper for 2nd Gen Tacomas

Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
The Jacobite
kylemob will become famous soon enoughkylemob will become famous soon enough

kylemob's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bumper for 2nd Gen Tacomas

Listed on Ebay, this is not mine... custom made by some fella who knows what he is doing. Guy seems to do good work. It's a little on the spendy side but it may be worth it. Thought maybe someone here might like one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
miss south !! haha!!
rocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nice

rocivm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to rocivm
What???

Thats Horrible!!! I MEAN, SORRY, BUT I DONT LIKE IT,.....PERSONALLY, LOOKS USEFULL BUT I DONT LIKE THE SQUARE LINES.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
The Jacobite

kylemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocivm View Post
Thats Horrible!!! I MEAN, SORRY, BUT I DONT LIKE IT,.....PERSONALLY, LOOKS USEFULL BUT I DONT LIKE THE SQUARE LINES.
... okay, sorry you feel that way
Old 05-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Thanks for posting that! That's probably the best bumper I've seen so far. Keeps the factory hitch (first time I've seen that), removable shackle mounts, and built in fog light mounts! Kick ass!!

Wonder if my wife would kill me for cutting our window order in half to get the bumper.....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
adamceckhardt is on a distinguished road
adamceckhardt's Tacoma Gallery
nicest rear bumper i've seen... i've been looking for something like that to put on my '09
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
That'd be a great compliment to an ARB bumper. Good find!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
may look nice....but i wouldnt bay 800 for it
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
may look nice....but i wouldnt bay 800 for it
You find something as good for less? I know I've been looking and haven't found anything myself. Well, at least nothing that's bolt on without requiring cutting or time at a shop at least 5 states away from me. Probably spend at least $200 on gas driving to any other shop I've seen that makes them.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
That'd be a great compliment to an ARB bumper. Good find!
damn.....beat me to it!!1

that would look real kickass with an arb!!! it would kinda look like a transformer type ride!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
You find something as good for less? I know I've been looking and haven't found anything myself. Well, at least nothing that's bolt on without requiring cutting or time at a shop at least 5 states away from me. Probably spend at least $200 on gas driving to any other shop I've seen that makes them.
i'd rather run this one for a real trail truck. it may not be as "pretty" as the other, but w/ the fiberglass inserts under the lights, it'd look pretty good and only $499
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #11
The Jacobite

kylemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'd rather run this one for a real trail truck. it may not be as "pretty" as the other, but w/ the fiberglass inserts under the lights, it'd look pretty good and only $499
That looks like a good functional bumper too. I've never been a big fan of that style personally but the price is definitely nice. The guy in the Ebay listing will adjust price for the bumper how you want it, such as leaving off some of the extras to save on the budget. Also gives 10% discounts to students, police, firefighters, etc. and a BIG 25% discount to soldiers.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Neat...... and it looks nice.

The only thing I don't like about it - and wonder why he did it that way.... is the extra receiver plugs on each side.

Why didn't he just weld on some clevis tabs instead?

$800? Holy crap!!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #13
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Neat...... and it looks nice.

The only thing I don't like about it - and wonder why he did it that way.... is the extra receiver plugs on each side.

Why didn't he just weld on some clevis tabs instead?

$800? Holy crap!!
Maybe to make it more flexible? Say you want hooks instead of D-rings.... Just swap out a 2" (I'm assuming) bar, or leave them off if you don't need them.

Either way, you can order a plain bumper without those or the other cutouts for something like $499. I emailed the guy last night, and he replied by 3:30 am this morning.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i love it, but i dont $800 love it! and i agree, that would look great with an ARB!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #16
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like that. The license plate covers the hitch which is stupid IMO. From what I can tell it's not hinged so I'd have to remove it every time I tow. If that's true, it's stupid. Not to mention illegal unless I zip tie or magnet mount the place somewhere else while towing.

And the factory hitch has to come off! I paid for that sumbitch, I wanna keep it!!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #17
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like them both although the one is a bit pricey.

Any disposable income I had has been disposed of.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Maybe to make it more flexible? Say you want hooks instead of D-rings.... Just swap out a 2" (I'm assuming) bar, or leave them off if you don't need them.
If you want a hook - then put it in the center receiver. Why you'd want 3 receivers in one bumper...??
Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
Devout Atheist

It was just a suggestion. Instead of bitching about it here, why not email the seller and see what he had in mind?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
The nice thing about the ebay bumper in the first post is that it follows the lines of the stock bumper and fills the gap under the rear taillights. The AllPro one has fiberglass inserts to fill the gap behind the bumper, and they need to be painted to match.

On mine I just painted the void under the taillights black and it's hardly noticeable, but that's on a white & black truck. Might stand out more on another color.

Just stuff to keep in mind.