Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD DC Interior vs. SR5 DC Interior

Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
minivan4tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Kristi
minivan4tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question TRD DC Interior vs. SR5 DC Interior

We've always had our 2 babies with us when we go to the dealership to look at the Tacoma's so we haven't had a chance to REALLY look at the difference. We are buying one or the other tomorrow morning and I'd like to have a better idea of what the difference is.

What's the main differencewould you say?

We plan to put seat covers over the seats (great suggestion I found here) so would the difference still matter?

Thanks guys
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
The actual seats themselves are different. The TRD seats have more bolstering on the side and are, in my opinion, more comfortable. Some disagree. Other than that, I think the interiors are pretty much the same.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure there is a difference in the back seat.
I'd suggest that next time you're at the dealership, have them put the seats in the back to see how comfortable it is for you to get the kids in and out. It'll give you a chance to look over the seats a little better too. Let the salesman fumble with the latches and such.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
Not sure there is a difference in the back seat.
I'd suggest that next time you're at the dealership, have them put the seats in the back to see how comfortable it is for you to get the kids in and out. It'll give you a chance to look over the seats a little better too. Let the salesman fumble with the latches and such.

That's a great idea! I never thought of bringing the carseats with us. My oldest is forward facing and the baby is rear facing so I should see if it'll be comfortable enough set up that way.

I'll definately sit in both to form a better opinion, thanks PP's.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
One more thing, take plenty of pictures.....
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
We have brought the car seats with us for the purchase of our last two vehicles. I have two seats in the back of my double cab right now and it is easy to get the kids in and out. My son is still in a front facing harness type seat that we hope to be ditching soon for the same type of seat my daughter is in - a booster.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
Ya we'll be having the boys in carseats for awhile. Oldest is just over 2, youngest is almost 8 months

We just ditched the van yesterday, way to many cars before that too.

We've ALWAYS wanted a Tacoma but my husband didn't like the way the DC looked. It's grown on him so now he is more excited than I am.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
mine are 4 and 7 and they love it
my wife loves it too
Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I put 2 carseats in the back and they fit perfect...my girls got plenty of room. The TRD seats I have are so comfy. I drove 6 hours in my truck and my ass was comfy! My fat buddy loves my seats because he said the sides hug his love handles and make him feel cozy. LOL

TRD seats are awesome!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
TacoJ is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
TacoJ's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TRD DC and with my 3 yr old, and 2 month we dont have any issues getting them in and out. With the rear facing seat my only thing was my wife cant put her seat back very far, but in most cars thats the same thing.
I also thought my seats were way more comfortable then my 4Runner's
Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
The actual seats themselves are different. The TRD seats have more bolstering on the side and are, in my opinion, more comfortable. Some disagree. Other than that, I think the interiors are pretty much the same.
I agree totally with this one. I have back problems and my seats do me fine even on trips over 8 hrs.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
kcc is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
kcc's Tacoma Gallery
My salesman rocks... we went on a "real" test drive with my 2.5 yr old girl (in her britax car seat, middle position) and my wife in the backseat, sales guy and I in the fronts. He took us down a fun gravel road, had us explore the washboards and try full antilock stop on them, then had us turn right across a big ditch and into a field. Then we put on 4L/lock, and went up and over a big earth levee at max approach angle (mud in the trailer hitch to prove it) followed by DAC down the lesser angled side.

My little girl loved it - she was laughing and cheering from the back seat. Mom was a little wide eyed but I have a DC TRD OR now

Later in the parking lot, we also tried out the Graco 3-1 booster seat (the spare, that will become her big girl seat when she is big enough) to make sure it sat ok back there too.

I highly recommend taking the car seat(s) and trying them in all positions and with adults in the front and back seats too... this is gonna be the family wagon from day one (my prediction, based on my results). Enjoy!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post
My salesman rocks... we went on a "real" test drive with my 2.5 yr old girl (in her britax car seat, middle position) and my wife in the backseat, sales guy and I in the fronts. He took us down a fun gravel road, had us explore the washboards and try full antilock stop on them, then had us turn right across a big ditch and into a field. Then we put on 4L/lock, and went up and over a big earth levee at max approach angle (mud in the trailer hitch to prove it) followed by DAC down the lesser angled side.

My little girl loved it - she was laughing and cheering from the back seat. Mom was a little wide eyed but I have a DC TRD OR now

Later in the parking lot, we also tried out the Graco 3-1 booster seat (the spare, that will become her big girl seat when she is big enough) to make sure it sat ok back there too.

I highly recommend taking the car seat(s) and trying them in all positions and with adults in the front and back seats too... this is gonna be the family wagon from day one (my prediction, based on my results). Enjoy!
Thank you Our other car is a Honda Insight. All of us were in that yesterday, OMG so cramped!

The options tomorrow are:

TRD DC SB in Super White (my color preference)

SR5 DC LB in Magnetic Grey Metallic (husband's color preference)

I'll post pics of the winner ASAP
Old 05-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post

That sounds like a great test drive, and welcome to TW!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoJ View Post
I have a TRD DC and with my 3 yr old, and 2 month we dont have any issues getting them in and out. With the rear facing seat my only thing was my wife cant put her seat back very far, but in most cars thats the same thing.
I also thought my seats were way more comfortable then my 4Runner's
Curious, what year was your 4Runner? Was it a power seat?