1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership STILL refuses TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SCFirefighter, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I'm quite upset. I called my dealership about the rear spring issue and went by. We found the TSB, and they took my truck in for a quick inspection.
    They found nothing wrong, and sent me back home with a pat on the back telling me to come back with load so I can reproduce the problem.

I have no load, and didn't feel like running around trying to figure something out that didn't need to be verified.

I called HQ and they opened a case for me, citing thousands of customers have had this work done and it should be no issue. They called the local service manager. She called me back a few days later still not wanting to do the work.

I called HQ again telling what she told me. They told me she needs to call her regional manager and that will straighten this out. So I call her and tell her that, this was Monday.

Today I get a call back that the regional office backed her up and that it was not their practice to do this work without replication of the issue.

I called HQ again and told them what they told me. He felt this was odd, and called the dealership while I was on hold. He came back to me with a totally turned attitude, and was now backing up the regional citing "well this is their practice, just buy some lumber you can return and let them see it". W T F ???

Since when, in corporate America, can a regional office override what corporate has allowed?? Any hints? Going to another dealership doesn't sounds like it would work because they would be in the same region.

2. May 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    ^^try a different dealer. some tend to be bitches about doing TSB work like this. a guy the other day posted that his service guy told him not to spread the word around about the TSB b/c they didnt wanna take on the cost

3. May 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    how far are you from Columbia? someone I talked to recently had it done there no problem, give them a call and see what they say. Good luck with that. :)

4. May 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I don't have anything that would be considered heavy enough exert any noticeable spring tension yet. :(

And even if my riding lawnmower would be heavy enough, I have no ramps to get it up there

5. May 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Just put some weight in the back and go on a dip or something so you can make the truck bottom out... Or don't put a load, just have some fun in the truck so you can bottom out that rear end..

6. May 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Just get a couple of really big guys to ride in your truck. Mine used to bottom out with a full truck of passengers before I upgraded the suspension

7. May 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    It's unbelievable... I already have the TSB & my truck still bottoms out fairly easily with 3 passengers and my quad, or even some firewood in the back... Big improvement from before though.

8. May 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    The problem is that I need to find guys willing to take a ride all the way to the dealership so THEY can see it. lol

9. May 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Remember that Toyota doesn't own the dealerships outright. They can suggest and even penalize but they can't exactly tell them what to do. Not all vehicles need the TSB. Just because you want it done doesn't mean they have to do it. Just get four of your friends to come along for the ride and and you have an 800 pound load if all of you weigh 165.

10. May 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yikes!

11. May 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    It seems that you are having a really hard time replicating the problem..maybe you don't really need it..

12. May 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    I haven't had the problem yet. The issue is though that I will be hauling stuff in the next few months, and I want to prepared. I don't want to stop what I'm doing, go to the dealership and THEN have the work done, when I can have it done beforehand and be a happy camper with my hauling.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but isn't that reasonable?

13. May 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    After reading about the TSB I considered getting it for my '06. However, it rides rough enough as it is and only smooths out nicely with a full load. I did bottom out once last fall when crossing a foot-deep wash-out hunting. However, I also had five 200 pound plus guys, their bird dogs, all the hunting gear, food/water, plus my tools and a 200 pound topper. All told I was way over the rated load capacity.

14. May 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Go down to your local HD or Lowe's and buy 20 bags of Quikrete. Make sure you can return it, and then bring it back when you're done. It would be a pain in the ass, but if you are not willing to try a different dealer, this is probably your only alternative.

15. May 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4

It's reasonable - but you're going to have to be inconvenienced one way or the other... either now trying to duplicate the problem, or later when it actually happens.

16. May 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    dgr540

dgr540 I've got the FUNK

Member:
    Friendswood, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Wrangler Unlimited
    XDs Trail grappler 35x12.5x18 Winch 8K lbs Front bumper 4in Lift
    Put these ladies in the back on show them.
    4FatLadies_d289a99bebcdc045cbfac142aa0a031340d64f92.jpg

17. May 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I had issues like yours...then I tried another dealer and they did it without any fuss. And this was before 09s were added to the TSB.

18. May 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    How heavy is one of those bags?

.. now that's a stupid question. It'll be printed on the bag. Forgive me, it's Friday LOL

I'll probably do that on Monday then. My weekend is booked up.

19. May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Wow... this is why when I get my 2010 4x4... part of the deal for me to buy it is the TSB will already be done before money exchanges hands.... or no deal.

20. May 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    Kernel

Kernel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 6sp Manual
    5100's all 4 corners, front at .85 with Eibach Coils, Rear TSB w/AAL, TRD Catback Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry S, Duratracs, redline hood struts, maglight mod, weathertechs
    I just bought a few to have in the back this past winter. Each bag was 80#. They have a few different weights depending on what you buy.

Products Discussed in

To Top