Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best "looking" Side-Steps/Nerf Bars/Sliders that are bolt-on?

Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I ordered mine April 9th, so May 21 would be about 6 weeks. They told me between 6 - 8 weeks for delivery so any day now they should be shipping them out! You ordered yours with a kickout? Really!? I had asked the guy about getting a set with a KO but he said hes only done it for a handful of customers. He had no pics on how they looked or turned out... So i decided not to go that route. Make sure to post pics so i can see how yours turned out. On second thought, hopefully i don't see 'em cuz i may end up kicking myself for not going that way!

BTW -------> Capita, looking thru your threads (and Neubs) about the shrockworks sliders really helped my decision. Thanks!
Well, BoomTaco talked me into it. Said they were going to make some custom one for him. Didn't know they would do that, so... I just asked. Blind faith I guess. I have yet to see anything hideous from them so... why not

Will post pics when I get them on.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #22
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Slingin View Post
N-Fabs

Thats it! I love the look. I am going to do some metal work when I get mine with the main tube and the frame, I think you can get a functional set of sliders with some beefing up, just take my chances with the steps getting smashed. Great rig Slinger!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
That is awesome! I really found Neubs thread very helpful as well. He swayed my mind into getting them. I love these sliders. Best thing I added on my truck

I'm sure i'll be saying the same thing in due time, especially once i put them to use. I'm actually looking forward to it. (At least i won't be putting them on in the middle of winter!)

On a side note, any plans to lift your rig yet?
Old 05-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #24
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got to give it to Avid, awesome customer service and a great product. Even though they bolt onto where the running boards mount, they are pretty beefy. check out my build for pics.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #25
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I'm sure i'll be saying the same thing in due time, especially once i put them to use. I'm actually looking forward to it. (At least i won't be putting them on in the middle of winter!)

On a side note, any plans to lift your rig yet?
thats awesome! lol, yeah that day was pretty cold but I couldn't wait.

The lift is always in the back of my mind but right now I'm looking at houses. Everything at my ideal price requires a lot of work so I may have to go for houses a bit higher. But eventually the truck will sit higher
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #26
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
thats awesome! lol, yeah that day was pretty cold but I couldn't wait.

The lift is always in the back of my mind but right now I'm looking at houses. Everything at my ideal price requires a lot of work so I may have to go for houses a bit higher. But eventually the truck will sit higher

Yeah, i had the same problem when i bought a house a few years ago, Toyota decided to build their (Camry/Rav4) plant in town and housing prices jumped at least 15%. I lucked out and bought shortly after their big announcement but before they started building, so i paid a small premium but not as much as some... Good luck with the search though, can be pretty exciting buying a house (not to mention stressful!) and i'm looking forward to any future mods you got in store for your truck.

To the OP, sorry for getting your thread off track...