LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best "looking" Side-Steps/Nerf Bars/Sliders that are bolt-on?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Best "looking" Side-Steps/Nerf Bars/Sliders that are bolt-on?

Looking for something in black for my Access Cab. I am wanting something that will be a simple bolt-on with no drilling or welding required. Would like to keep the cost under $400 if possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUA View Post
Looking for something in black for my Access Cab. I am wanting something that will be a simple bolt-on with no drilling or welding required. Would like to keep the cost under $400 if possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

IMO Bolt on, Shrockworks..
Old 05-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Just waiting for my order to arrive from Shrockworks... they're bolt on, but you need to drill 3 extra holes in the bottom of the frame rail on each side.

IMO i think they look great! But if your strictly out for looks and not function maybe a cheaper set of running boards would do?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Just waiting for my order to arrive from Shrockworks... they're bolt on, but you need to drill 3 extra holes in the bottom of the frame rail on each side.

IMO i think they look great! But if your strictly out for looks and not function maybe a cheaper set of running boards would do?
I am still waiting on mine too, how long have you been waiting Gylar? I ordered the Kickout, you?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like the OEM running boards for my street queen. I use them primarily for door ding protection and to stand on them when I wash the truck. I have double cab ones on my access cab - which does require some drilling. But you can get the access cab variety (they just won't be as long)
Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have Shrockworks and am 100% pleased with them. You do have to drill holes but it was very easy. These sliders are solid. I bought a hi-lift style jack and use it to change my tires, get un-stuck, etc. I also use them as a step as well. Love these sliders and would highly recommend them
Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good on the shrockworks, but I'm not sure if I want to drill the 3 holes. I am wanting something strictly for looks as I will not be going off roading.. the most my truck will see off roading is if I am headed to a boat launch and/or lake.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
For going the side step route, I am going to have to say Go Rhino or any company similar.

http://www.discounttruckaccessories....roductID=94010

I have been doing some looking around for this style on my truck but I am not really sure what would be a solid set that looks good.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
For going the side step route, I am going to have to say Go Rhino or any company similar.

http://www.discounttruckaccessories....roductID=94010

I have been doing some looking around for this style on my truck but I am not really sure what would be a solid set that looks good.

I actually like the looks of these, as well as the Predator ones available on the trdparts4u.com, but I want to see them installed. I've seen a couple of photos but none really show how the gap appears from a distance?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
The ones I am leaning towards is the N-Fabs

http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/.../productID/117

That's the first thing I saw was the gap on the Go Rhino's and trying to find them in pics is proving to be tough.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
I am still waiting on mine too, how long have you been waiting Gylar? I ordered the Kickout, you?

I ordered mine April 9th, so May 21 would be about 6 weeks. They told me between 6 - 8 weeks for delivery so any day now they should be shipping them out! You ordered yours with a kickout? Really!? I had asked the guy about getting a set with a KO but he said hes only done it for a handful of customers. He had no pics on how they looked or turned out... So i decided not to go that route. Make sure to post pics so i can see how yours turned out. On second thought, hopefully i don't see 'em cuz i may end up kicking myself for not going that way!

BTW -------> Capita, looking thru your threads (and Neubs) about the shrockworks sliders really helped my decision. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
Once a gorilla always a gorilla
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thomas
Gorilla_97's Tacoma Gallery
$167 shipped from an ebay seller. Clean, simple, easy to install.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #14
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
BTW -------> Capita, looking thru your threads (and Neubs) about the shrockworks sliders really helped my decision. Thanks!
That is awesome! I really found Neubs thread very helpful as well. He swayed my mind into getting them. I love these sliders. Best thing I added on my truck
Old 05-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
mr smitty is on a distinguished road
mr smitty's Tacoma Gallery
I got the westin platinum series chrome running boards but I know they are offered in black. Look around and you can get them for 300ish off of the internet as long as you look up the free shipping discount code for the website. They dont need holes drilled and mount firmly on and not even a scratch on the pair iv had for 8 months. The steel under the chrome keeps any knicks and dings from showing up. Excellent product and really quick and easy install
Old 05-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
IB Slingin's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fabs

Old 05-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #17
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
At least take a look at thw hinter side steps... pics in my profile... 145 shipped
Old 05-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
calaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant future

Name: Carlos
calaniz0312's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought some black running boards from 64wildcat. They haven't come in yet, but they looked pretty good in the pictures that he had. I'll post some pics when I get them and put them on.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #19
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions...
Are the N-Fabs a straight bolt-on, or does it require additional drilling?

Still considering the other options as well but I like how "flush" those look. Then again perhaps its just because its the only one pictured directly from the side?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
The N-Fabs are straight bolt-on. Look under the cab for a bunch of existing bolt holes covered by plastic caps.

Products Discussed in this Thread