1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loud intermittant viration at right front end...new tires on '08 DC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dcypher, May 16, 2010.

1. May 16, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    dcypher

dcypher [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    W. PA
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC Tacoma SR5 TRD Off Road
    I just got back from a 200+ mile (sunny & 74 degree) road trip to Pittsburgh and it wasn't until the last 35 miles that I noticed on 3 different occassions I could hear what I would call slightly louder than normal road noise" noise intermittantantly from the right front tire and could even fell it in the steering wheel a little.

I bought the truck in Feb. '10 as a preowned 1 owner and they put brand new tires on it...haven't heard of the brand name found on the tire..."National LTR, Commando"...not sure who makes it.

Anyway....I noticed what I thought was just normal road noise right after I bought it, and just figured it was the aggressive tread and the road causing the noise. But today it was loud enough to cause me to turn off the radio to listen a little closer....it only lasted for a few seconds each time.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to their Tacoma?

2. May 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    :popcorn: i think i have this same problem-- noticed it after my drive to philly from dover for drill weekend. btw i still have the stock tires w/ about 14000 miles

3. May 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    bump for a resolution (hopefully)

4. May 18, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    dcypher

dcypher [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    W. PA
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC Tacoma SR5 TRD Off Road
    I'm not taking any chances...I made an appointment for today to get it looked at at the dealership. My wife wanted me to take it to our local mechanic but I want someone with diagnostic testing equipment to look at it...will post what I find out.

**UPDATE**
    Had bearings, O-rings and seals replaced on right front today (same corner that noise was coming from)....it was covered under the powertrain warranty, 5 yr./60k, spent almost 3 hrs. at dealership. They said this rarely happens on a vehicle with 36k miles on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top