Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3 inch spacer lift or bigger tires?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
jasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jason
jasona250's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch spacer lift or bigger tires?

i have a pre runner with the stock trd off road tires would it look weird if i got 3 inch spacer lift. or should i get bigger tires
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Both...and avoid Spacer lifts
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
By that I meant getta 3" lift and get bigger tires too
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
jasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasona250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jason
jasona250's Tacoma Gallery
whats wronge with the spacers
Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Do a search, there seem to be a bunch of horror stories about spacer lifts. They also aren't the best off road. If you stay on the pavement it is fine though.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Can't get much bigger tires without the lift, so def. get the lift first. And +1 for avoiding spacers. Why lift a $25,000 truck with a $100 piece of metal?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
tacomapilot is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache Pilot
Name: Nick
tacomapilot's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same dilemma about the spacers vs lift.... I also have a prerunner, 2 wheel drive and I rarely ever leave the pavement of a road, so i'm really considering the spacer route... I have also just considered just putting bigger tires, which seem to probably be maxed out at 275/70/r17... anything larger is gonna be rubing the wheel-well....

I probably didnt help at all, and just added confusion.... sorry dude,.... once you make a decision though, put some pics up
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomapilot View Post
I'm in the same dilemma about the spacers vs lift.... I also have a prerunner, 2 wheel drive and I rarely ever leave the pavement of a road, so i'm really considering the spacer route... I have also just considered just putting bigger tires, which seem to probably be maxed out at 275/70/r17... anything larger is gonna be rubing the wheel-well....

I probably didnt help at all, and just added confusion.... sorry dude,.... once you make a decision though, put some pics up
The largest you can run without rubbing is 265/70/17.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
kerusm is on a distinguished road
Name: Kirby
kerusm's Tacoma Gallery
lift/tires

I have a 2005 prerunner and have 285/70/17 on it. It works. There is a bar on the inside of the tire well (not sure what it is called) that it barely touches when I max out turn left or right. Never touches in normal driving conditions. Had them on for a couple of years and love the new look and stance it gave the truck.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerusm View Post
I have a 2005 prerunner and have 285/70/17 on it. It works. There is a bar on the inside of the tire well (not sure what it is called) that it barely touches when I max out turn left or right. Never touches in normal driving conditions. Had them on for a couple of years and love the new look and stance it gave the truck.
Welcome to TW! I take it you have wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with less backspacing?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Welcome to TW! I take it you have wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with less backspacing?
probably not hwy 285/70/17 bridgestones will clear 95 % of the time like he says

275/70/17s will fit fine on a stock truck ...if they are not MTs in most brands.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #12
kerusm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Thanks. Everything is stock and wiscdave is correct. They are Bridgestone but they are Dueler's A/T Revo's.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #13
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
could you post some pics? I was curious how the taco looked stock with max tire.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #14
kerusm's Tacoma Gallery
Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjclemen View Post
could you post some pics? I was curious how the taco looked stock with max tire.
Yes, I will post some after lunch today.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:30 AM   #15
kerusm's Tacoma Gallery
larger pics