Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Crew Cab with long bed performance???

Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Firemedic269 is on a distinguished road
Firemedic269's Tacoma Gallery
Crew Cab with long bed performance???

I am in the market for a 2010 CC TRD LB. I was wondering if anyony has any experience off roading this truck? How does the extra length affect the performance of the truck? I will use the bigger bed often enough to justify it; but if it sends the performance to the crapper then I will stick with the short bed. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
It goes good. There are some spots where you will absolutely wish you had the short bed and sometimes a locker. The locker problem is easily solved with an extra 1200 bucks. With an Arb front bumper, locker, and ATO high clearance rear bumper you would not have to much trouble getting most places.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Firemedic269 is on a distinguished road
Firemedic269's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the fast reply.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Many times I wish I had the long box!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
downsides to a DC long bed off road are no locker, and a slightly higher chance of highcentering yourself due to the long wheelbase. but as Dark Knight said, ARB as your solution to the locker (if you even need it), and a simple lift and some good tires will do wonders for ground clearance. I've been very happy with my DC short bed, but that's because i tow more than i haul. if you think you can make good use out of the extra foot of bed space, that's the way to go. it's easied to upgrade the offroad capability than it is to get more bed space (bed extender is essentially it)
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you think that you are going to need the ling bed then get it. I have a long bed and I can fit almost anything in it. The short beds look nice but if u actually need to carry things u will need the long bed. Performance wise I don't do much off roading. But this is my work truck and it helps.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I have the long bed and a toolbox. IT suits my needs. Wish it had atrac and a locker, but this link of my recent wheeling trip shows that its pretty capable without.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...cs-videos.html

After I buy a house, I can then asses whether I want a locker or to just see if the next gen will give LB's atrac