Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New lift ordered

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
New lift ordered

Well, after much debate, I ordered my RCD lift kit today. Main reasons I went with RCD were price. I would have gone with a 6" kit but didn't feel like spending $5-6,000 after lift, new wheels and tires. With the RCD I can still run my current 17" wheels and will get a little bit more height than I have now. I know for sure my CV's will definately appreciate the drop bracket. Kit should be here next week and installed the following. As always I will post before and after pics.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Sickkkkk
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man!!! Ill have to check it out when you get it installed! Are you getting a shop to install it?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i just got the rcd last week and i love it! it rides very smooth and i personally think it looks great. post pics when you get it!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
does this kit run $2100..??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

for you guys in the states i think so
Old 05-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
does this kit require new uca's (not stock)..??
the picture looks like it has new spindles, do those work with 4x4's..??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #9

no you can run stock uca's with all drop bracket kits. yes you do get new spindles. yes they work with 4x4
Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
thanks..!!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro60 View Post
awesome man!!! Ill have to check it out when you get it installed! Are you getting a shop to install it?
Yes. I'm not going to screw with cutting a cross member.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #12

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I will be keeping my LR UCA's I currently have on. The rest of the kit is the Toytec Ultimate kit and it has about 17,000 on it.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #13

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting the kit for $1,800.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I see you are in Mobile......who is going to do the lift??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Well, after much debate, I ordered my RCD lift kit today. Main reasons I went with RCD were price. I would have gone with a 6" kit but didn't feel like spending $5-6,000 after lift, new wheels and tires. With the RCD I can still run my current 17" wheels and will get a little bit more height than I have now. I know for sure my CV's will definately appreciate the drop bracket. Kit should be here next week and installed the following. As always I will post before and after pics.
I live in mobile if you wanna sell me your old lift. I will be glad to come pck it up from you!! If your interested just call me 251-463-0191
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #16

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Ultimate kit sold to Benca1. I owed him several favors for helping me out at the dealership so he got first dibs. If for whatever reason he changes his mind I will repost it in the items for sale section. Big thanks to Benca1 for being such a good friend.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Ok are you getting it lifted by Truckin Up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Ultimate kit sold to Benca1. I owed him several favors for helping me out at the dealership so he got first dibs. If for whatever reason he changes his mind I will repost it in the items for sale section. Big thanks to Benca1 for being such a good friend.
gg
Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #19

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Was there a reason why you decided to change out your toytec ultimate lift?
Yes, the guys at Truckin-up will be doing all my work. I think they are the best guys in town and believe me, with as many trucks that I have gone through I have tried them all. They have the best prices by far as well. I am changing my Toytec because of the height I have my CO's set at. The ride is great but it is putting to much angle on my CV's. I've been through one already. With the RCD my CV's will be practically parallel to the ground. I love the Toytec otherwise and if anybody gets a chance, check out their 2 new catalogues. They feature my truck in both of them.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #20
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
man im always here for you ...... i cant wait for your lift to get done and then i can get rid of my stuff to terry and then you and i will be lifted above 3 inches... yippy ..... got to buy damn lr uca's again .. shoot .........once thats done we will get todd and terry and me and you and take pics at the battleship and ft gains.......
I see how it is..... leavin me out of a photoshoot.

..jk im givin ya a hard time