Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ebay Headlights and Grill

Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Blackcat3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mateo
Blackcat3's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay Headlights and Grill

Hello everyone! I'm new to TW. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the smoked headlights and black mesh grills that are currently being sold on ebay.

Headlights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...item5192a58cb0

Projectors?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-P...item5192a98601

Grill:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MESH-...item2eac8abf92

I'd really prefer to buy aftermarket parts as opposed to doing the mods myself, but if these ebay parts are a complete waste of money, then I guess I would have no choice haha. Please advise!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
I dont much care for the grill personally.., but the lights are great.. Can;'t go wrong with either...
Just make sure its for both lights, and that they aren't sold separately.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
And welcome to TW
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Grills arent my taste. You can do your own Black headlights. Its called the BHLM (Black HeadLight Mod). Just look up top. Its in the cheap mods section. Oh and welcome to the site!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I would like the grill if the 2 side area triangles were mesh too.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
I like both the headlights and grills, get em' if you like them!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
jmcnair327 is on a distinguished road

jmcnair327's Tacoma Gallery
Lights are both nice, comes down to personal opinion. I do not like the grill, holes between mesh are to big. Mesh is to big also. Go with grillcraft.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Awesome. Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm gonna go with the non-projector black headlights.

As for the grill, I did some research on the Satoshi grill mod, and it looks like something I can do. Plus it looks so much better!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Just my .2 cents but I was thinking bout them halo projector lights also and.................at night: look pretty cool. In the day:kinda fugly!

So I decided that I want the clear headlight mod.

Do the BHLM....it would be better than the other alternative I think.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are eBay headlights. Like to keep my stocks just in case I change my mind later. Not crazy about the grille. Looks cheap and too glossy. Do a satoshi or for a really cheap route, go buy a sheet of diamond mesh at Lowe's for $10, paint it black and DIY. Not digging the projectors when used alone, but looks awesome with T-Rex 2 eyelids.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
Mine are eBay headlights. Like to keep my stocks just in case I change my mind later. Not crazy about the grille. Looks cheap and too glossy. Do a satoshi or for a really cheap route, go buy a sheet of diamond mesh at Lowe's for $10, paint it black and DIY. Not digging the projectors when used alone, but looks awesome with T-Rex 2 eyelids.

Completely agree with the projectors with eyelids. Looks pretty fierce.

Do you remember which ebay vendor you brought them from? Revotec?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering how that grill would look color matched to the truck.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:53 AM   #13
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my black headlights from Revotec. $85 + $36(shipping).. These are not projectors just stock black HL. Great fit and no leaks so far.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #14
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a fan of the projectors. I dont like the halo rings. The stock black JDM ones are nice. I think they are a little cheaper at neweggmall.com
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #15
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I 've got the Revotec lights also,installed about 2 months ago and Grillecraft grill insert.

Denis
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Wildcat View Post
I 've got the Revotec lights also,installed about 2 months ago and Grillecraft grill insert.

Denis
Just ordered those headlights, after seeing them up close they look great.