1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shrockworks bumpers for 2nd Gens.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by CVTejas, May 17, 2010.

1. May 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    CVTejas

CVTejas [OP] CVTejas

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport
    Farad Cold Air Intake, BFG All Terrains, ARE Z-Series Deluxe Fiberglass Top w/ Keyless Entry and LED interior lighting,Road Armor front bumper w PIAA 510 driving lights, Edlebrock adjustable shocks w factory coils, road Armor front bumper. Kenwood DDX8901HD
    I'm looking for a bumper for my 2010 Taco and I'd like something that looks closer to the factory fit, which is why I'm not considering the ARB bumpers. I had one on my 1995 XJ, and while was fine on that brick, my Taco as smoother lines and needs something that doesn't stick out like a soar thumb, but can still take the pounding of rocks and trees like the ARB.

I've seen a few pictures of the Shrockworks design and it looks pretty nice, but I'd like to hear from someone that has gone through the pain of installation and used one for a while. If you've got one, did you get it with a winch? If so, how did that affect the installation?

What skid plates did you use afterwards? Its my understanding that you can't use the factory ones after the instllation, which adds to the cost.

2. May 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab

Products Discussed in

To Top