1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just a quick ? on this TBS

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Marioso, May 23, 2008.

1. May 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    i keep reading everyone talk about TBS what is it?

i just bought an toyota tacoma and i was just wondering what the deal is about the TBS someone give me a quick summary please

2. May 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    atebit

atebit What's all this, then?

Member:
    The basement of the Alamo
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 AC
    TSBs are "service bulletins" that are non-publicized service campaigns to remedy certain prevalent, but not safety-mandated issues. Sometimes they just deal with "fit & finish" issues, sometimes they deal with mechanical issues (like the leaf spring TSB).

For whatever reason, many dealers either don't know about specific TSBs, or they balk at honoring them until you hold the TSB you found on the Internet in their face. Not sure why that is, it's warranty work they get reimbursed for from Toyota, as far as I know.

I mean, it's one thing not to publicize "minor" issues to avoid every Tacoma owner wanting to get every TSB applied to their truck, whether they need it or not. But when your truck clearly qualifies for the campaign, I don't understand the resistance at some dealers.

</$0.02>

3. May 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Toyota Service Bulletin.

It's a document that Toyota sends to help the dealers fix issues that many owners complain about that are not common enough or serious enough to issue a recall. Depending on your truck variation and vin # most of them will not apply to you. But if you do have an issue that's covered by a TSB it gets fixed for free as long as the truck is under warranty

4. May 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM
    Punisher

Punisher Billy Reuben

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    With all due respect . . .TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

Not Toyota Service Bulletin.

And other manufacturers also issue TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin)

5. May 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    bigguy78619

bigguy78619 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road PreRunner DC
    i heard about this also, i posted a thread on the rear suspension for my 07 taco and got a response inmmediately about it, i printed out the TSB and going to get the rear leaf spring assembly done. This is a great forum1 good information and great people!

Products Discussed in

To Top