Stock 996 28.75%
Gibson 64 1.85%
Borla 206 5.95%
Other 345 9.96%
Voters: 3464. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
im running a Jardine catback exhaust system. AKA, rice burner noise maker
Old 08-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
YES plus 1 for admitting it!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:05 AM   #23
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
True.. sorry forgot them... but from what I've heard, Borla and TRD are basically the same thing.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
TRD and Borla are not the same thing. TRD Exhaust is made by Bosal they are a direct-fit Performance exhaust system maker for alot of import factory efforts such as TRD and Mazda Speed. As for which one is better, you gota know what sound you want. TRD gives a nice growl in acceleration and a Purr at idle. Borla is louder and Magnaflow is even louder. there are so many options when i was looking i searched on You Tube to hear clips. Ended up with The TRD!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #25
go big or go home
tacoman316 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Machinery technicion 3rd class
tacoman316's Tacoma Gallery
Iv got a BANKS MONSTER exhaust on my 4.0 d cab and love it it sound awesome.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #26
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
TRD sounds the best!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #27
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
After 2400 miles on a high performance muffler I went back and welded in the stock one that I had saved. Driving back home after swapping back out I can honestly say I didn't notice a difference in performance other than the stereo sounds good at lower levels again.

Show me as stock on the poll.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #28
phantomdjx is on a distinguished road
phantomdjx's Tacoma Gallery
So now that I have a tacoma i'm considering adding some sound to the exhaust. Does adding an after market muffler make them sound like a fart can rice burner or does it give the motor an actual throaty growl. I've been driving a hemi for 3 years but i don't expect this to sound the same.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomdjx View Post
So now that I have a tacoma i'm considering adding some sound to the exhaust. Does adding an after market muffler make them sound like a fart can rice burner or does it give the motor an actual throaty growl. I've been driving a hemi for 3 years but i don't expect this to sound the same.
here is the 06 tacoma that i had.....4.0 v6 with a flowmaster 40 muffler.........i loved the sound.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #30
m3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of light
m3dragon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Just as a FYI - most exhaust changes from the cats back are just for sound and not really for performance changes. If you want a performance gain you need to do a header swap, 100Cel cats or no cats at all.

Sounds like TRD is the way to go for sound. Not to loud and gives it a great sounds.

Guess I am going to go with TRD
Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #31
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
After 2400 miles on a high performance muffler I went back and welded in the stock one that I had saved. Driving back home after swapping back out I can honestly say I didn't notice a difference in performance other than the stereo sounds good at lower levels again.

Show me as stock on the poll.
i agree...i had a flowmaster 40 series on my 02 4Runner (3.4L) and it was way too loud and around 1800-2200 rpm the noise inside was very annoying.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
My exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65fAVyJva0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxu1hDmI7IE
Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #33
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #34
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
i havent read any feedback on magnaflows sound. the flowmaster sound is a bit too dry for me, i'm looking for a deep rumble without spending too much moneys (max $200 total installed).
Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #35
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
i havent read any feedback on magnaflows sound. the flowmaster sound is a bit too dry for me, i'm looking for a deep rumble without spending too much moneys (max $200 total installed).
Install this your self, and its under $200.
http://www.totallytwistedcreations.c...turbine_0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3VbwUDVEtU
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #36
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Your exhaust is so nice!!!! I love how is sounds. Nice work on that.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #37
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Your exhaust is so nice!!!! I love how is sounds. Nice work on that.
That wasn't my exhaust, that was just a clip of a truck with that particular muffler.

Or are you actually referring to my clips?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #38
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
I was actually referring to the upper two clips which I think are yours?

I like them all though.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #39
DEZ is on a distinguished road
DEZ's Tacoma Gallery
im running doug thorley headers and a straight pipe
Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #40
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
Just installed the magnaflow catback and im not to impressed with it It sounds pretty good as long as you keep your foot on the floor but at low and mid acceleration it kind of sounds like one of them little 4 banger sawing machine type muffler that sticks out the end of the bumper. the tail pipe was like 3 inch and i believe thats the problem wish i just purchased the muffler and had it welded into my oem pipe would of been alot cheaper than 424.00 may sell it dont know yet.

Products Discussed in this Thread