Stock 996 28.76%
Gibson 64 1.85%
Borla 206 5.95%
Other 345 9.96%
Voters: 3463. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #421
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed a flowmaster 40 series in place of the stock exhaust. Not a fan of it at all really, sounds to "Tin Canny" for my liking. Need something with a deeper rumble rather than a hollow sound. Going to keep it on until I replace it, more than likely with a MBRP or TRD.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #422
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
I like my MBRP it is not over loud but i think headers and "Y" pipe will give it a bit better rumble
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #423
BaLLZaCH is on a distinguished road
BaLLZaCH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Just installed a flowmaster 40 series in place of the stock exhaust. Not a fan of it at all really, sounds to "Tin Canny" for my liking. Need something with a deeper rumble rather than a hollow sound. Going to keep it on until I replace it, more than likely with a MBRP or TRD.

Cut off the tailpipes and put turndown(s) on the 40'series. I have had trd, 40, and 50. 40+turndowns=win.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #424
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLZaCH View Post
Cut off the tailpipes and put turndown(s) on the 40'series. I have had trd, 40, and 50. 40+turndowns=win.
Gonna have to look into this because I put a tip on, but it's still not to my liking.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #426
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Got a like new MBRP cool dual exhaust for sale here.....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-exhaust.html
Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #427
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
You should have left the music out of the video so that we could hear the exhaust better.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #428
BaLLZaCH is on a distinguished road
BaLLZaCH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Gonna have to look into this because I put a tip on, but it's still not to my liking.
If you want the look of the tip, the fact that exhaust is routed stock-like, and bolt on stuff, then you need something else.

BUT, if you want a deep ass rumble "grrrrgggggggg" without the 'pop-pop-pop' cut ff the pipes and put on turndowns.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #429
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
Straight Piped for now! sounds a little deeper than stock at idle and low rpms, i think it sounds great, Until i step on it....then its BRRRRUUUUUPP CLACK CLACK CLACK BRRUP, nice and obnoxious =) i'll probably throw in a Magnflow muffler when i get sick of it or when i get a ticket. but i dont really see that happening...
Old 09-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #430
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
I still can't decide what I want.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #431
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Pcyc, you want this.....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-exhaust.html

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #432
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
no muffler!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #433
gold68ht is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/UH-1/UH-72 crew chief
gold68ht's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just here for the subscription..........
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #434
turbo325ii is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
turbo325ii's Tacoma Gallery
Will I be the 1st to try the Dynomax VT?? I already run one on my BMW and LOVE it!

Quiet is the new loud.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #435

So, I installed the TRD system on the truck yesterday, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed. For me, it's too quiet. I wasn't really looking for something rambunctious, but I guess I had a different idea of what a V6 would sound like with a custom exhaust. You don't hear it much, and what you do hear isn't worth the money.

It has a mellow bass tone, which is probably the best I've heard when comparing it to other clips of guys' exhausts, but you will only hear it off-idle, from about 1,100-1,500 rpm, and it sounds identical to the stock exhaust when you're at highway speed.

I'm keeping it, because the truck is my daily driver, and the wife and kiddo are with me a lot. When you approach it from that angle, the TRD is a strong choice. It's just enough to tell there's something not-stock about the truck, and you don't really hear it with the windows up.

I do give it a thumbs up for better throttle response, however. I now have both the TRD intake and the TRD exhaust, and the truck is revvy-er when pulling away from a stoplight.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #436
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold68ht View Post
So, I installed the TRD system on the truck yesterday, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed. For me, it's too quiet. I wasn't really looking for something rambunctious, but I guess I had a different idea of what a V6 would sound like with a custom exhaust. You don't hear it much, and what you do hear isn't worth the money.

It has a mellow bass tone, which is probably the best I've heard when comparing it to other clips of guys' exhausts, but you will only hear it off-idle, from about 1,100-1,500 rpm, and it sounds identical to the stock exhaust when you're at highway speed.

I'm keeping it, because the truck is my daily driver, and the wife and kiddo are with me a lot. When you approach it from that angle, the TRD is a strong choice. It's just enough to tell there's something not-stock about the truck, and you don't really hear it with the windows up.

I do give it a thumbs up for better throttle response, however. I now have both the TRD intake and the TRD exhaust, and the truck is revvy-er when pulling away from a stoplight.
What year are you installing this on? I ordered one with my 2013 but they said it has not become available yet. I asked the dealership if it was the same as the 2012 but they said the part number is different.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #437

I have a 2007 long-bed. I'm not sure what the differences are with the latest version are, sorry. I just don't see that the tone or performance would be that different, though.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #438
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold68ht View Post
I have a 2007 long-bed. I'm not sure what the differences are with the latest version are, sorry. I just don't see that the tone or performance would be that different, though.
Just get a magnaflow. Way cheaper just get it welded in place of stock muffler. It is the same style "turbo" muffler as the trd possibly a bit louder. Unless that voids your warranty
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #439
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
my xrunner, at the TRACK,

doug thorley long tubes, urd ypipe, urd 3" exhaust w/ magnabro muffler

(yes i know traction sucks but not the point lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0bdRrbJSTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWL...ture=endscreen
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #440
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP made my Tacoma sound very smooth. A little raspy but not and obnoxious 6 cyl scream. Plus is a dual exit which IMO looks the best.

Products Discussed in this Thread