Stock 996 28.75%
Gibson 64 1.85%
Borla 206 5.95%
Other 345 9.96%
Voters: 3464. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #441
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP is the best. Guaranteed for life
Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #442
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
MBRP is the best. Guaranteed for life
i know this poll was started a while ago, but is it time to add mbrp to poll?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #444
Dguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question?
Is $399 a good deal for a TRD Catback system?
Its wicked expensive here in Canada but I found it for $399 in the US and can have it shipped to NY and pick it up there.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #445
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguy View Post
Quick question?
Is $399 a good deal for a TRD Catback system?
Its wicked expensive here in Canada but I found it for $399 in the US and can have it shipped to NY and pick it up there.
Mine was $350 for a Magnaflow (single) exhaust and stainless tip...so $399 is a lil bit much...is it a double?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #446
Dguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdallin View Post
Mine was $350 for a Magnaflow (single) exhaust and stainless tip...so $399 is a lil bit much...is it a double?
No, a single...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #447
Teton Tacoma is just really niceTeton Tacoma is just really niceTeton Tacoma is just really niceTeton Tacoma is just really nice
Teton Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Boy ,not many care for the Borla. Had one on my 94 4Runner. sounded subtle but nice. good quality. So I guess it doesn't thrill folks?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #448
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguy View Post
No, a single...
hmm...look for a better deal then hahah. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #449
bass mechanic!
akbass907 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: tj
akbass907's Tacoma Gallery
had flowmaster on my 96 taco, suonded to ricy, just got magnaflow 14 inch body oval on my 96 4runner, very deep for being only a 3.4l deffinantly the best sound i have herd out of a 3.4, almost as good as the 14inch magnaflow on my fathers 4.0l
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #450
bass mechanic!
akbass907 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: tj
akbass907's Tacoma Gallery
and for all of you contemplating getting the TRD, its pointless. its basicly the same pipe as stock, and they use the same tech as magnaflow. save the money and just get a magnaflow muff and get a weld on tip, save the money for something more productive like gas for offroading.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #451
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold68ht View Post
So, I installed the TRD system on the truck yesterday, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed. For me, it's too quiet. I wasn't really looking for something rambunctious, but I guess I had a different idea of what a V6 would sound like with a custom exhaust. You don't hear it much, and what you do hear isn't worth the money.

It has a mellow bass tone, which is probably the best I've heard when comparing it to other clips of guys' exhausts, but you will only hear it off-idle, from about 1,100-1,500 rpm, and it sounds identical to the stock exhaust when you're at highway speed.

I'm keeping it, because the truck is my daily driver, and the wife and kiddo are with me a lot. When you approach it from that angle, the TRD is a strong choice. It's just enough to tell there's something not-stock about the truck, and you don't really hear it with the windows up.

I do give it a thumbs up for better throttle response, however. I now have both the TRD intake and the TRD exhaust, and the truck is revvy-er when pulling away from a stoplight.
this is exactly what i'm looking for, dont like the drone noise in the cab while cruising on the freeway.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #452
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Stay stock!

Stock>super 44>wicked flow 13
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #453
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Ive relized our small displacement V6s don't sound that great. My buddy at school has a ZR2 S10 with the 4.3, he thinks it has a flowmaster 40 on it, it sounds so sexy. I swear it sounds just like a V8 when he starts it up and a lower rpm.

Wish mine sounded that good
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #454
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WN2xm_xS10
for old time sake.....memories of brapppppp
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #455
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
MF

Magnaflow Magnapack FTMFW!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #456
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
AeroTurbine. Keeps sounding better and better as it breaks in, even 2 years later.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #457
Merchantmarine is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Merchantmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammikm View Post
can I add the trd cat-back without having to cut the factory system off? can i just unbolt it? 2006 DC 4x4
The install is simple. It can be annoying trying to get it under the truck TAPE UP THE TAIL PIPE! Or you will scratch the shit out of the TRD exhaust and your paint. And tape the tail pipe of your old exhaust before you take it out. I would say it took 45 minutes to install.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #458
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a TRD Cat-back on craigslist for $40! The install was simple and it's got a nice sound. Nothing too loud, just enough to hear it when you step on it.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #459
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Tru x Magnaflow muffler

Anybody try this muffler? Thinking of splitting my y pipe into it...
Attached Thumbnails
Exhaust Popularity Poll.. TRD, Magnaflow, FlowMaster-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #460
Merchantmarine is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Merchantmarine's Tacoma Gallery
TRD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Here are the installation instructions from the forum that I used to put mine on.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tructions.html

Products Discussed in this Thread