FlowMaster 575 16.60%
Stock 996 28.75%
Gibson 64 1.85%
Borla 206 5.95%
Other 345 9.96%
Voters: 3464. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #41
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubota man View Post
Just installed the magnaflow catback and im not to impressed with it It sounds pretty good as long as you keep your foot on the floor but at low and mid acceleration it kind of sounds like one of them little 4 banger sawing machine type muffler that sticks out the end of the bumper. the tail pipe was like 3 inch and i believe thats the problem wish i just purchased the muffler and had it welded into my oem pipe would of been alot cheaper than 424.00 may sell it dont know yet.

and thats what I'm trying to avoid - the dirtbike sound.. I am actually planning to just buy the muffler and have it welded on, maybe buy a spiffy new tip for it..
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZ View Post
im running doug thorley headers and a straight pipe
hows your truck run? good , bad? is it fuel efficient anymore?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #43
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

those who have the flowmaster 40 series, did you go with the delta flow or american thunder?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #44

so far I think flowmaster sounds better on a tacoma than magnaflow but it still sounds a bit high pitched to me.. i want a deeper rumble..
Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #45

decided to go with the flowmaster 40 or 50, whichever is in stock atm..
Old 11-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #47
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Has anyone tried this exhaust?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...154946001.html

The price is right, but I'd love to get some feedback on it.
That link is incorrect. I believe the AFE is 3" mandrel bent, and even that is too big for our Tacos, unless you are charged. Stick with 2.25-2.5". And, unless you require a full stainless catback, I would just opt for mufler alone.

Up too you, but heed the warning on oversized piping. Definately not the route to go...
Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #48
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Very true. You have to remember you have a V6 and unless you're using FI, you don't need 3" pipes. I am using stock piping with Magnaflow muffler.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #49
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey, wheres the love for JBA? thats what im running and i love it! heres a clip i took of it, its kinda quiet though so you'll need to turn the volume up a little.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #50
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at getting a Banks Exhaust.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #51
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I put my stock exhaust from my old X-Runner on my DC 4x4. It's got decent sound and it was free.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #52
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
i have the stock piping with the flowmaster 40 series, stock pipe going to the muffler that is then dual coming out, anyone have the headers and exhaust? i believe in cali you can only do the short and not the long headers?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #54
Btwo is on a distinguished road

Btwo's Tacoma Gallery
This weekend (11/8/08) I just had a local exhaust shop weld in a Flowmaster 40
series muffler ($175.00 w/tax). At first I wasn't all that satisfied with the sound.
Though, over the last couple days it seems to be growing on me.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #55
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
"It's all about the Flows..."
Old 11-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #56
seancanterbury will become famous soon enough

seancanterbury's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a Gibson and im happy with it. Hardly any cab noise but a good tone outside. My intake is louder in the cab than the exhaust.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #57
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed Flowmaster dual cat-back (50 series) this past weekend!

It's GREAT!! Exactly what I wanted - quieter exhaust yet, it can get loud (especially from the interior - compared to a silent stock exhaust).

It's funny - I've spent tons of times listening to Youtube sound clips on various exhausts. All the exhaust clips are idling & revving (sitting in driveway) and interior sounds on the road. When you actually get an exhaust and you drive it - the sound is MUCH different/louder when you actually put it in drive and start applying the gas. It's hard to capture the actual *on the go* sound (other than in the cab).

I'm working on clips...just difficult with the wind/camera, etc.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #58
PwRTRIp_Xr is on a distinguished road
PwRTRIp_Xr's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cat-Back......
Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i just found out my bf is getting me the flowmaster 40 series for my birthday! i'm excited
Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #60
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
That link is incorrect. I believe the AFE is 3" mandrel bent, and even that is too big for our Tacos, unless you are charged. Stick with 2.25-2.5". And, unless you require a full stainless catback, I would just opt for mufler alone.

Up too you, but heed the warning on oversized piping. Definately not the route to go...

Cool. Thanks. I definitely need full stainless since they use mag-chloride around here in the winter which causes aluminum to pit and corrode pretty quickly.

Products Discussed in this Thread