FlowMaster 575 16.60%
Stock 996 28.75%
Gibson 64 1.85%
Borla 206 5.95%
Other 345 9.96%
Voters: 3464. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Popularity Poll.. TRD, Magnaflow, FlowMaster

Ok... I've got the TRD CAT Back and a friend of mine has now been looking at getting an exhaust. Soo I know there are numerous threads regarding Magnaflow, Flowmaster, TRD blah blah blah .. I thought it would be fun though to have a poll and see what people really have and see which is more popular. I'm going to pass the results to my friend as they're curious as well.

Post a comment about what you like about your particular setup and what you don't like as well.. and let's keep it ontopic... maybe make a sticky later???
Old 05-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Stop The Press!!!

BORLA derserves a better slot than other... Come On
Old 05-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
BORLA derserves a better slot than other... Come On

True.. sorry forgot them... but from what I've heard, Borla and TRD are basically the same thing.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They are both stainless, but I believe the TRD Muffler is round, and mine is Oval flat. Plus I've heard different opinions on both Units. Not to nit pick, Just proud of my Borla and the quality sound it produces...
Old 05-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a Gibson, and while others will bash it for any number of reasons, I'm happy with it. Didn't hurt performance, tucks up tighter than the stock exhaust, and it doesn't resonated inside the cab.

Oh, and the $180 price tag doesn't hurt either.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I added Gibson and Borla and I fixed mjp's vote.

I'm planning on getting a flowmaster 50 when I do upgrade the exhaust.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster for me...all the way!!! love the sound of the 40 series....deep and throaty!!! good rumble as far as im concerned.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

Good looking out. Love the stainless Cat Back set up of Borla. In a couple days I will have stainless JBA headers/URD Y-pipe/Borla Cat back. One complete stainless set up to last most the life of my Taco...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

Thank you sir. Leave it to a noob to not capture all the variations.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
RacingRosey is on a distinguished road
RacingRosey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
True.. sorry forgot them... but from what I've heard, Borla and TRD are basically the same thing.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The muffler on the TRD kit is BOSAL, not BORLA. It's stamped right on the muffler.

Anywho... I put my pick down for Flowmaster, I went with the 50 series, and it's just a tad louder than stock - pretty comparable to the TRD kit.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
flowmaster for me...all the way!!! love the sound of the 40 series....deep and throaty!!! good rumble as far as im concerned.
X2....not to mention since i did the install myself, it only cost me $60 (price of muffler and exhaust clamps) great deal + great product = glad i took the flowmaster route
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rawl rum rum

No that isn't a mean mountain loin. Thats the new sound my truck makes. I wanted more sound out of my truck. With research done from this forum i decided to get the Flowmaster 40 single in/out, out the door for 200. Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Exhaust Popularity Poll.. TRD, Magnaflow, FlowMaster-dsc01084.jpg   Exhaust Popularity Poll.. TRD, Magnaflow, FlowMaster-dsc01087.jpg   Exhaust Popularity Poll.. TRD, Magnaflow, FlowMaster-dsc01085.jpg  
Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
"...mean mountain loin..."
Translation: "An angry, well-endowed hillbilly"
Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #17
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Translation: "An angry, well-endowed hillbilly"
what you talkin bout me for?????
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
No that isn't a mean mountain loin. Thats the new sound my truck makes. I wanted more sound out of my truck. With research done from this forum i decided to get the Flowmaster 40 single in/out, out the door for 200. Thanks for the help!
sweet!!! the 40 series is awesome man!!! enjoy your new sound!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
a-cattaco has a spectacular aura abouta-cattaco has a spectacular aura about
a-cattaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm new to tacomas, but all my buddies have them. A couple have flowmaster 40 series single in and dual out. Sounds nice, but would the borla single in dual out sound better?? louder?? quieter?? Thanks a lot
Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-cattaco View Post
Hey I'm new to tacomas, but all my buddies have them. A couple have flowmaster 40 series single in and dual out. Sounds nice, but would the borla single in dual out sound better?? louder?? quieter?? Thanks a lot
welcome to tw. the flowmaster is a louder muffler than the borla, more throaty rumble, where as the borla is a little quieter and it kinda purrs, but they both sound hella good!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread