LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3 Golden Retrievers + 2010 Tacoma

Old 05-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
dangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to behold
dangerbird's Tacoma Gallery
3 Golden Retrievers + 2010 Tacoma

Hey all. I'm sure there are plenty of dog people on here, so what do you do to protect your backseat when driving with your dogs? I had a 1999 4runner before my Tacoma and that was no problem. I rarely have all three in the truck, but sometimes I do. With the seat down I lose space front to back so I'm trying to figure a way to leave the seats in their normal position and maybe build up something in the floor space to bring it up to the same level as the seats. I've seen the hammock looking things, and while they might be ok for one dog, three is too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 05-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pups. I recall someone doing exactly what you want (I think) a few months ago. I will see if I can find it.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Here it is

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-platform.html
Old 05-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #4

Marines:
I see it was done with the seats in the down position though.........
Old 05-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
dangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to beholddangerbird is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I see it was done with the seats in the down position though.........

Hey, whatever works. Thanks very much for your help.

That looks great thanks!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
That's gross, dogs go in the bed.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
no additional ideas for you, i just love golden retrievers hahaha. mine is gettin old tho, she'll be 14 this year.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Goldens are #1!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the lazier way out, you can just attach some indoor-outdoor carpet to the back of the rear seats like I did. It took 15 minutes total.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjuice View Post
that's gross, dogs go in the bed.
amen! No dog is going in the cab of my truck. I'll even make my cousins ride in the bed if they smell bad or something lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
amen! No dog is going in the cab of my truck. I'll even make my cousins ride in the bed if they smell bad or something lol
What if it's raining? My dog usually rides in the bed, but I'm not letting my baby get soaked back there!

She also doesn't do too well in the bed when it's over 100 degrees out.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
What if it's raining? My dog usually rides in the bed, but I'm not letting my baby get soaked back there!

She also doesn't do too well in the bed when it's over 100 degrees out.
get a shell top and put a window unit back there
Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
I had no idea the headrests attached to the flipped seat bottoms like that.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
I just pinch off their dicks by tying rubber bands around them when they are in my truck. That way they can't pee in there.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
I just pinch off their dicks by tying rubber bands around them when they are in my truck. That way they can't pee in there.
so let me get this straight...
you attach rubber bands to your dog's peen?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
I don't even want to ask what you would do to a bitch...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
That's gross, dogs go in the bed.
Yeah, to each his own. But I'd rather spend time with my dogs than most people.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #19

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerbird View Post
X2. Plus it's funny as hell watching my Weim's ears flap when he sticks his head out the window.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 AM   #20
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerbird View Post
Agreed sometime I wonder why people even get a dog when all they do is leave it outside in the backyard and check on it a few times a day.

I have two golden retrievers myself. Dogs just sit in the backseat of my double cab. I have leather interior and husky liner mats so clean up is pretty easy.

Products Discussed in this Thread