Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wat is going on!?!?!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
wat is going on!?!?!

ok so ive had my taco for over a montha now and i love it...got my flowmaster on, love that to. but at time i think there is so much wrong woth my truck.

~sometimes in the morning when i back out of the driveway adn put it in drive it makes this phsss(haha) noise like air is coming out of something in the front.i also hear the fan hit something or click sometimes.
~another thing is when i first turn on the heat or a/c, I HEAR A FAN NOISE FROM THE VENTS IN THE CAR! wtf lol
~ also the steering wheel shakes from 55-65 mph

does anyone know wats up with these things?
also did i void my warranty by putting in my flowmaster or can i take it in and get wats wrong fixed?

thought i would put all my questions in one thread haha
thanx guys
Old 05-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Lets start with is it new or used?

If it's used, what year is it and how many miles?

Either way what body style, engine, drivetrain, wheels and tires does it have?
Old 05-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemytaco View Post
~sometimes in the morning when i back out of the driveway adn put it in drive it makes this phsss(haha) noise like air is coming out of something in the
That's the ABS system check...and perfectly normal.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
as for the steering wheel shaking.....may need to get your tires road force balanced. and no.....putting the flowmaster muffler in didnt void your warranty.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Gee. Don't overload us with info like what year and model...
Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Gee. Don't overload us with info like what year and model...
hey bro....hes a newb(like me and you once were)......be easy on him.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
The good thing is, maybe you won't speed anymore with all the shaking and noises going on.

A muffler is not going to "void" your warranty. In other words, said aftermarket muffler would have to be proven to have caused whatever failure you might have. For example, if your alternator fails, they can't blame your Flowmaster.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey bro....hes a newb(like me and you once were)......be easy on him.
thanx dude....sorry guys i have a 2008 sr5 4 door
Old 05-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemytaco View Post
thanx dude....sorry guys i have a 2008 sr5 4 door
no prob man. when you get time, you may wanna fill out your profile so we can know a little more about you. no big deal though, just when you get time.