Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wiper Motors

Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Wiper Motors

Anyone else's wiper motors excessively loud? Mine sound like they're about to blow up any minute. It's been like this since I've had the truck, but just always assumed it was normal. But thinking back, every other car I've ever been in the wiper motors themselves were basically silent. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had this. I'll be taking it to the dealer to make sure.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
my 09 dc sounds quiet to me.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I thought mine were loud when I got the truck. Either they have quieted down with use or I've gotten used to it, I don't notice them anymore.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Captain Funk
techgeekwill has a spectacular aura abouttechgeekwill has a spectacular aura about
techgeekwill's Tacoma Gallery
Since having a work truck, I hardly ever drove my 09 in the rain, until this weekend. Mine are noticeably louder that others, but not that bad. I figure it's probably due in part to the cab being more forward, therefore closer to the wiper motors.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are loud as well. Drives me nuts here in Oregon. Probably wouldn't have noticed it in California.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I thought mine were loud when I got the truck. Either they have quieted down with use or I've gotten used to it, I don't notice them anymore.
x2. Kinda like the pounding rain on the roof of the cab. It's still loud, but I don't notice it anymore.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, maybe it is just a characteristic then. It's definitely noticable when idling or when the radio is off, but of course when driving 60 mph in a rain with music on, you can't hear them. I think I had semi-adjusted, but when my Dad got in the truck it was the first thing he noticed, and it drove him crazy. Guess that reminded me of how I was when I first got it, and made me think maybe there was a problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
nhstang is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
nhstang's Tacoma Gallery
I think mine are quiet. But the wiper blades themselves are noisy as hell when you 1st turn them on. They squeak across the glass. Only 1200 miles on the truck
Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
yeh mine is loud as hell ......its like errrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... start driving cant hear it hardly because engine is so loud but yeh its stupid .
Exactly.