1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen 5100 Shocks In Stock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Downsouth Motorsports, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports [OP] Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    Good evening Tacoma World!!!!

They're in!!!! We are receiving the '05-'10 Bilstein 5100 shocks on Monday for us to start shipping. We have more than enough fronts coming in, but now rears are a different story. We will only have a limited amount of rears come in.

We will post the shocks as available on our site tonight, here are the discount codes:

Fronts only: BIL0509-1

Fronts & Rears: BIL0509

Also a reminder, and we have been over this before, but just want to make sure. You will need to register on our site first and then place your order and then you can use the code. The box for the promo code is directly above the "Sub Total" in the Cart screen.

And....the other bad news is after this round, we will be forced to raise the price on all 5100s. There are other vendors who constantly complain to the manufacturer about our pricing, and unfortunately we don't have the time or energy to deal with the drama anymore. We will always continue to offer TW members discounts and appreciate all the support we receive from everyone here!

Thank you and hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Marco

2. May 21, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    spearhead

spearhead Taco Supremist

Member:
    Winston Salem NC
    Vehicle:
    09 4DR Mag Grey 4WD Sport
    TRD CAI Eibach Springs 5100s all around Front set to .85 Toytec AAL
    Score !! :taco:

3. May 21, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Just wondering, what kind of price increase are you talking here?

Thanks for the update DSM

4. May 21, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well you do have the best prices around!

$70 cheaper than the best price I could find when I ordered from you a few months back.

5. May 21, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    Thanks Marco! Ordered a set 5 min ago!

6. May 21, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    93civEJ1

93civEJ1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR
    Procomp 6" Stage 1, Bilstein 5100's in front, flowmaster 40 series
    Just ordered my fronts to level out the front with my TSB update rear.

7. May 21, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    We're not sure yet, haven't got that far.

Thanks, everyone for your orders!

Hope everyone has great weekend.

8. May 21, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    Order placed. Price was $282 shipped. Amazing deal. If you need shocks and dont buy these at this price get your head examined!

9. May 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    jdcrowe75

jdcrowe75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Ordered front & rear! Can't wait!

10. May 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    TacoMTB

TacoMTB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    SnugTop XV, Bedrug, 5100's, Toytec AAL, Weathertech, BFG KO 2's on ProComp 7069's.
  11. May 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    Wow! You guys are quick. We just ran out of rears. We're working hard to get more, but plenty of fronts available.

Thank you, all.

12. May 21, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    TOYOTA 09

TOYOTA 09 Kicking Ass Since 1981

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 MT 4x4 Access Cab
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    why not just offer a larger discount to TW emmebrs to offset this "price" increase...problem solved....everyone happy!

13. May 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Please excuse me if I seem forward, but I've never heard of a business letting a competitor dictate their prices because they (the competition) cause drama.

If a competitor has a problem with the DSM prices, then maybe they should have negotiated their contract better or sell more units to get a better bulk rate.

I would encourage DSM to keep doing what they are doing and not worry about what others are saying, your low price and good customer service will keep customers coming back and make Bilstein happy with their name being marketed as much as it is (more than procomp, ready lift, revtech etc...).

14. May 21, 2010 at 1:09 PM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    To be honest...I wasn't going to reply in the thread but that's what I was thinking as well while I read it. I'm currently saving up for a Bilstein / Rims / new tires combo buy later in the year and had saved a link to your site in my Outlook for when it came time to buy new shocks. Perhaps the other vendors should lower their prices and learn what a competitive market actually means.

15. May 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Just ordered the fronts, thanks DSM! Now someone just needs to cancel their order so I can get the rears too :)

16. May 21, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    Good evening,

Hello everyone this is Sonny, I am the owner of Downsouth as most of you know and I wanted to clear the air about the whole price increase deal.
    Sorry for not getting to this earlier today, but we picked up the shocks this morning early to get started shipping and that way all the orders would leave today and not Monday, figured we would try to give all of you one extra day shipping time with the holiday coming.

First of all as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as being to forward, I prefer the here it is take it or leave approach, that way there is no Gray area and plus I pride myself on standing my ground as a man and as a business owner and even if that means needing to be confrontational sometimes.

The reason the price increase was brought up was because of few other companies out there complain to Bilstein and then Bilstein complains to RCD and RCD being politically correct as they should be calls us (Me) and says "Sonny we need you to raise the price" and of course I respond in my usual, "Yeah Right" as soon as Bilstein provides a MAP pricing policy for all of there shocks I would be more then happy to.

Then I usually fire off the well I can not see how they could be bitching about me when there are at least "5" other companies whoring out the entire Bilstein shock line and it goes down hill from there.

So long story short "You bet your ass" I am going to continue giving all Toyota Forum members the best deal we can until someone bigger and badder comes by and stops us.

So at this time we are running the same and we will figure out a way to still be politically correct and make sure all forum members get the best deal they can from Downsouth Motorsports along with the best customer service we can provide.

Thank you to everyone out there for your support and as always we truly appreciate all of your business.

And all of you that just ordered shocks from us yesterday and today, your Invoice and tracking #'s are on there way...

Have a Good weekend....

Sincerely,
    Sonny McIntyre
    Downsouth Motorsports

17. May 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    Just Wondering im thinking about getting 5100's and Running them at the highest setting. But my buddies tell me that my front wheels will camber and that i would need a rear axle extension ist this true? let me know guys thanks.

18. May 21, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    Camber won't be the greatest, but most guys can still get their trucks aligned with stock arms. The bigger issue is the caster, which some guys don't care for how it drives at highway speeds.

I'm not really sure what you mean by a rear axle extension....maybe someone else can chime in here.

19. May 21, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    EOMTACO

EOMTACO Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 sport
    Hello all , how you guys doing ? try order a set bilstein 5100 but too early called from NJ ( 7:45 am westcoat) then busy working until now it not available :mad: ,

20. May 21, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    I thought you were just trying to reach us, but you're saying now we're sold out....

Sorry man, we post them up and give everyone the codes to order online, and then they go fast. We do have fronts still available, and we're working a few angles to see if we can score some more rears.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top