Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen 5100 Shocks In Stock

Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen 5100 Shocks In Stock

Good evening Tacoma World!!!!

They're in!!!! We are receiving the '05-'10 Bilstein 5100 shocks on Monday for us to start shipping. We have more than enough fronts coming in, but now rears are a different story. We will only have a limited amount of rears come in.

We will post the shocks as available on our site tonight, here are the discount codes:

Fronts only: BIL0509-1

Fronts & Rears: BIL0509

Also a reminder, and we have been over this before, but just want to make sure. You will need to register on our site first and then place your order and then you can use the code. The box for the promo code is directly above the "Sub Total" in the Cart screen.

And....the other bad news is after this round, we will be forced to raise the price on all 5100s. There are other vendors who constantly complain to the manufacturer about our pricing, and unfortunately we don't have the time or energy to deal with the drama anymore. We will always continue to offer TW members discounts and appreciate all the support we receive from everyone here!

Thank you and hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Marco
Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Score !!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Well you do have the best prices around!

$70 cheaper than the best price I could find when I ordered from you a few months back.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Marco! Ordered a set 5 min ago!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my fronts to level out the front with my TSB update rear.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Just wondering, what kind of price increase are you talking here?

Thanks for the update DSM
We're not sure yet, haven't got that far.

Thanks, everyone for your orders!

Hope everyone has great weekend.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Order placed. Price was $282 shipped. Amazing deal. If you need shocks and dont buy these at this price get your head examined!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
jdcrowe75 is on a distinguished road
jdcrowe75's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered front & rear! Can't wait!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
Working on my dirt tan
TacoMTB will become famous soon enoughTacoMTB will become famous soon enough
TacoMTB's Tacoma Gallery
Yesss!

Just ordered a set, thanks Downsouth!!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport

Wow! You guys are quick. We just ran out of rears. We're working hard to get more, but plenty of fronts available.

Thank you, all.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
We're not sure yet, haven't got that far.
Please excuse me if I seem forward, but I've never heard of a business letting a competitor dictate their prices because they (the competition) cause drama.

If a competitor has a problem with the DSM prices, then maybe they should have negotiated their contract better or sell more units to get a better bulk rate.

I would encourage DSM to keep doing what they are doing and not worry about what others are saying, your low price and good customer service will keep customers coming back and make Bilstein happy with their name being marketed as much as it is (more than procomp, ready lift, revtech etc...).
Old 05-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #14
War Damn Eagle!
Endurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
Endurozw's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest...I wasn't going to reply in the thread but that's what I was thinking as well while I read it. I'm currently saving up for a Bilstein / Rims / new tires combo buy later in the year and had saved a link to your site in my Outlook for when it came time to buy new shocks. Perhaps the other vendors should lower their prices and learn what a competitive market actually means.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the fronts, thanks DSM! Now someone just needs to cancel their order so I can get the rears too
Old 05-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #16
Downsouth Motorsport

Good evening,

Hello everyone this is Sonny, I am the owner of Downsouth as most of you know and I wanted to clear the air about the whole price increase deal.
Sorry for not getting to this earlier today, but we picked up the shocks this morning early to get started shipping and that way all the orders would leave today and not Monday, figured we would try to give all of you one extra day shipping time with the holiday coming.

First of all as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as being to forward, I prefer the here it is take it or leave approach, that way there is no Gray area and plus I pride myself on standing my ground as a man and as a business owner and even if that means needing to be confrontational sometimes.

The reason the price increase was brought up was because of few other companies out there complain to Bilstein and then Bilstein complains to RCD and RCD being politically correct as they should be calls us (Me) and says "Sonny we need you to raise the price" and of course I respond in my usual, "Yeah Right" as soon as Bilstein provides a MAP pricing policy for all of there shocks I would be more then happy to.

Then I usually fire off the well I can not see how they could be bitching about me when there are at least "5" other companies whoring out the entire Bilstein shock line and it goes down hill from there.

So long story short "You bet your ass" I am going to continue giving all Toyota Forum members the best deal we can until someone bigger and badder comes by and stops us.

So at this time we are running the same and we will figure out a way to still be politically correct and make sure all forum members get the best deal they can from Downsouth Motorsports along with the best customer service we can provide.

Thank you to everyone out there for your support and as always we truly appreciate all of your business.

And all of you that just ordered shocks from us yesterday and today, your Invoice and tracking #'s are on there way...

Have a Good weekend....

Sincerely,
Sonny McIntyre
Downsouth Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Please excuse me if I seem forward, but I've never heard of a business letting a competitor dictate their prices because they (the competition) cause drama.

If a competitor has a problem with the DSM prices, then maybe they should have negotiated their contract better or sell more units to get a better bulk rate.

I would encourage DSM to keep doing what they are doing and not worry about what others are saying, your low price and good customer service will keep customers coming back and make Bilstein happy with their name being marketed as much as it is (more than procomp, ready lift, revtech etc...).
Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
mb_edgar is on a distinguished road
mb_edgar's Tacoma Gallery
Just Wondering im thinking about getting 5100's and Running them at the highest setting. But my buddies tell me that my front wheels will camber and that i would need a rear axle extension ist this true? let me know guys thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport

Camber won't be the greatest, but most guys can still get their trucks aligned with stock arms. The bigger issue is the caster, which some guys don't care for how it drives at highway speeds.

I'm not really sure what you mean by a rear axle extension....maybe someone else can chime in here.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
EOMTACO is on a distinguished road
EOMTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all , how you guys doing ? try order a set bilstein 5100 but too early called from NJ ( 7:45 am westcoat) then busy working until now it not available ,
Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOMTACO View Post
Hello all , how you guys doing ? try order a set bilstein 5100 but too early called from NJ ( 7:45 am westcoat) then busy working until now it not available ,
I thought you were just trying to reach us, but you're saying now we're sold out....

Sorry man, we post them up and give everyone the codes to order online, and then they go fast. We do have fronts still available, and we're working a few angles to see if we can score some more rears.

Thanks!